Guest Services Host II – PT
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Guest Services Host II – PT
If you like to help guests plan an exciting day, can start a conversation with a stranger, and want to work with a fun team, consider joining the Guest Services team as a Host II!
The Guest Services Host II position is highly interactive with our guests in a dynamic and fun working environment. Located throughout the Museum, our Host II teammates sell tickets and memberships, while also helping to plan guests’ days in the museum. You’ll work with our team in our IMAX theater, Planetarium theater, in the Museum Lobby, and at our Virtual Reality Rides assisting guests and setting the tone for a great Museum experience. You’ll even get to see an IMAX movie or Planetarium show in the process. How can you beat that?
Successful candidates will be:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 years’ experience in a fast paced service environment.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Cash Handling experience
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English)
- Ability to be in both stationary and circulating positions throughout shift
- Available to work 3-4 days a week
- Continual operation of a desktop computer, mobile computer, scanner or other technical equipment
- IMAX, Planetarium and Virtual Reality Rides: ability to ascend/descend stairs, provide equipment to guests, move and store strollers, move rolling racks and other equipment
- Moderate physical activity required. Moves racks of 3D glasses, laptops, scanner, ticket stock, ticket printers, and VR ride components and equipment
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks of working at DMNS Include:
- Free DMNS Family+ Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Free RTD ECO pass
- American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
- And many more! Click HERE to view our perks and benefits webpage.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by March 23, 2021. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in the continued success of the Museum, with 450+ full-time and part-time employees and more than 1,800 volunteers. We are building on our already solid foundation with a strong vision and solid strategy to recreate and redefine how we engage our community that loves, understands, and protects our natural world.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is the Rocky Mountain region’s leading resource for informal science education. Located in the heart of Denver City Park, and neighbor to the Denver Zoo, the Museum offers a variety of exhibitions, programs, and activities help Museum visitors experience the natural wonders of Colorado, Earth, and the universe. More than 300,000 students and teachers are served by Museum each year. The Museum houses nearly 4.1 million artifacts and specimens in its collections from around the world.