Hospitality Sales and Experience Curator
Colorado Chautauqua Association
This position offers an opportunity to be involved with one of the most beloved institutions in Colorado. One of only 5 National Historic Landmarks in the State and one of the few remaining living examples of The Chautauqua Movement in the United States, Chautauqua is a special place for people of all ages. The Hospitality Sales and Experience Curator is part of a team that inspires and provides rich cultural and recreational offerings to our many guests.
The Hospitality Sales and Experience Curator is a full-time, year-round, benefited, non-exempt position, responsible for developing, curating and managing highest quality hospitality experiences; expanding into the community to partner with small businesses; incorporating site spaces, onsite programming, dining, local attractions and historical significance to enhance the guest experience; tracking and measurement of sales leads, coordinate onsite/offsite visits and hosting tours, conference services, generate contracts and manage billing, coordination of client requests. Some evening and occasional weekend work is required in meeting position responsibilities. For emergency and inclement weather reporting this position is considered essential.
- Systems-oriented with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, experience using Maestro and DocuShare a plus, and ability to learn computer applications as needed.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a variety of groups (e.g., staff, cottagers, renters, event guests, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Possesses resiliency; flexibility, and ability to change plans as needed.
- Ability to mobilize current resources for new partnerships and identify potential for new opportunities.
- 2-3 years customer service, event planner, curator, group sales or property management experience.
For full position description please visit our career page at www.chautauqua.com
Compensation: $23 per hour
To apply please send your resume with a cover letter telling us of your interest in the position and why you feel you are good candidate. No phone calls please.
The Colorado Chautauqua Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.Apply Here