Houseman – PT
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Houseman – PT
We need your help! Hungry dinosaurs have dined and dashed and have left our facility a mess! If you want to help keep our Museum clean and orderly, come and work with us!
Every single day thousands of curious guests take a break from an action packed day at the museum and enjoy various treats from our café, and we need you to help make our guests experience memorable!
We are looking for (4) accountable Houseman to join our team! These positions are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the Museum’s kitchen wares, floors, and dining surfaces. The Houseman will also assist with the set-up and breakdown of catered events. These positions provide an amazing guest experience through excellent customer service.
- Provides timely and accurate set up and break down of Banquet and Catering events based on CAD’s.
- Ensures the constant maintenance of the dining room. Cleans tables, chairs and floors. Ensures that trash can levels are serviced and maintained.
- Provides high standards of service, quality and cleanliness.
- Ensures that trash and debris are removed and stored properly.
- Ensures the proper operation of dish machine to provide clean and sanitized small wares.
- Basic experience with web enabled applications (i.e. social media, email).
- Standing or walking up to 8 hours in a shift.
- Strenuous physical activities like pushing carts, moving tables and chairs, lifting chafers, clearing dirty dishes, carrying trays of service items, and moving various banquet equipment and supplies.
- Lifting requirements: Medium physical effort required by handling up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- High volume production kitchen. Can be hot, cold, humid and/or slippery.
- Strenuous physical activities like moving tables, chairs and clearing dirty dishes.
- May require frequent walking, up and down stairs during set-up and during events.
Perks of working at DMNS Include:
- Paid sick time
- Free DMNS Family Plus membership plus free admission to all Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) across the country
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Free RTD ECO pass
- Free lunch for food services employees
- Please click HERE to see the full range of benefits and perks offered by the Denver Museum of Nature and Science!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by July 1, 2021. We are actively reviewing applications, job posting may close before close date. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds