Human Resources Manager
Director of Finance
||FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for the administration of the Arvada Center’s HR systems, processes and functions, including payroll processing, benefits administration, and worker’s compensation. The position also supports the entire life-cycle of employees by maintaining on-boarding and off-boarding processes, supporting employee / employer communication. The position also develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures for the organization. This role is a strong advocate for and actively engaged in promoting the value of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) throughout the organization.
|JOB KNOWLEDGE – Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Administration of Human Resource Systems, Processes, and Functions
- Administers payroll system, including processing bi-weekly payroll and maintaining and enhancing payroll system. Acts as the primary contact for employees and with the payroll system provider.
- Coordinates and acts as primary contact for the administration of benefits to employees, including coordinating open enrollment periods, contacts with benefits consultant and providers, and working with the Director of Finance and Chief Operating Officer in the annual benefit design and renewal process. These duties also include maintaining and tracking deductions, eligibility, and reporting requirements.
- Oversees worker’s compensation and risk management related activities, including claims. Maintains position of Safety Coordinator and chair of the Safety Committee in order to work with employees to minimize risk and worker’s compensation exposure.
- Maintains the performance review system and compensation adjustments within payroll system. This includes monitoring reviews as well as following and updating compensation plans.
- Preserves high levels of confidentiality and recognition of sensitive information in all areas of HR administration.
Facilitation of Employee Life-Cycle
- Works with departments to recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; Collaborates with managers to review and understand skills and competencies required for openings; ensures a consistent hiring process throughout the organization.
- Promotes and amplifies the organizational values of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) throughout the organization and employee life-cycle with added emphasis in hiring practices.
- Manages the on-boarding and off-boarding of all prospective and existing employees in coordination with their supervisor and department. This includes pre-employment requirements such as background checks and steps needed for employee separation such as COBRA requirements, among others.
- Assists managers and senior staff in the development of managerial skills.
- Guides employees and supervisors through personnel issues including conflict resolution, performance improvement, and disciplinary actions. May act as a liaison or mediator between parties to resolve personnel or work place conflict while maintaining the organization’s best interests.
- Acts as co-chair and primary staff for the Employee Committee.
- Maintains appropriate levels of confidentiality and discretion in all personnel matters.
Policy and Procedure Maintenance and Development
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommends best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training for employees.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law;
- Works with external resources and membership organizations to maximize their expertise and training and opportunities for the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field and/or any combination of relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Human Resources administration with related and relevant responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Arvada Center’s initiative IDEA – Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access.
- Demonstrated knowledge in HR administration, employee relations, and related policy development and implementation.
- Experience with payroll processing and knowledge of payroll systems i.e Paylocity.
- Commitment to excellence, unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity including strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs at the same time.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and accessibility to employees from all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and with good time management skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Onsite work is performed primarily in an office environment.
- Hybrid work from home and flexible work schedules available.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Frequent verbal contact with others.
- Rapid work pace, with frequent deadlines.
· Other duties or projects as assigned.
· This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
|Scope of Authority
Receives general supervision under the direction of the Director of Finance with additional supervision under the Chief Operating Officer. Prepares and/or develops plans for projects and programs involving coordination with other departments and/or outside organizations. Some precedents and procedures exist. Expected to handle different and specialized functions.
Makes recommendations to supervisor for budget allocations pertaining to Human Resources and related responsibilities.
|Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Requires use of standard office and computer equipment including MS Office Suite and Google Suite. Requires use of function specific systems including Paylocity for payroll processing.