Human Resources Manager
Title: Human Resources Manager
Position Reports To: President/CEO
Direct Reports: None
About Butterfly Pavilion: Here at Butterfly Pavilion, we transform the way people think about invertebrates. These small but mighty animals that surround us are so much more than people think. They are everywhere, because everything depends on them. They are the hidden heroes of the animal kingdom. As the leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection, Butterfly Pavilion works to foster an appreciation of these critical animals by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
Looking forward, we are committed to providing the most enriching experience for our audience, being recognized as a scientific authority, and being a leading educational resource on invertebrates. To this end, Butterfly Pavilion has begun the early stages of launching a $40 million Capital Campaign to expand Butterfly Pavilion into the Center for Invertebrate Research and Conservation (CIRC) in a brand new, state-of-the-art facility in 2022.
A large part of who we are as an organization is how we interact with each other. Valuing our facility, guests, donors and our team is a priority, without these puzzle pieces we can’t make it all work, these Core Values guide us throughout our day. We Love What We Do at Butterfly Pavilion, we Make Science Cool by Going Above and Beyond for all guests, donors, and team members while also Leading Change in invertebrate conservation. We Know Our Stuff and work to have a healthy culture by Being Positive and Welcoming to All. These aren’t just words, but words for us to live by here at Butterfly Pavilion.
FLSA: Full Time /Exempt
Salary: $50,000-$53,000/year + Full Benefits
Position Summary: The Butterfly Pavilion Human Resource Manager is responsible for ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized within the Pavilion.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop and administer programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align Butterfly Pavilion Team with the strategic goals of the Pavilion.
- Perform benefits administration (Open Enrollment, New Hires, Life Events, COBRA)
- Oversee recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads
- Conduct new employee orientations
- Maintain department records and reports
- Recommend new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Implement human resources programs by providing services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention and completing personnel transactions
- Coach and train managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them
- Lead the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data
- Lead company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, the Department of Labor, worker compensation, OSHA, and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits
- Manage employee communication and feedback through such avenues as SmartSheet, company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Oversee Butterfly Pavilion Inclusivity Committee
- Act as COVID Safety Officer alongside COO.
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
- Project/Time Management
- Department Knowledge
- Detail Oriented
- Building Teams
- Conflict Resolution
- Communication Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, or related field
- Up to 5 years’ experience
- Professional Association (i.e. SHRM) preferred
- Experience with Paylocity preferred
- Interpersonal, decision-making, organizational, leadership, and speaking skills, as well as the ability to use human resource management software proficiently.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
While performing the responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist’s job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Human Resources Generalist will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Human Resources Generalist’s job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Human Resources Generalist’s job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Human Resources Generalist’s job.
While performing the responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist’s job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
A range of hours in typical work week/salary exempt of 45 hours a week. This is a full-time exempt position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional weekends and evenings required.
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link:
Position is open until filled.
No phone calls or drop in’s please.Apply Here