The Hudson Gardens & Event Center
POSITION TITLE: Irrigation Technician DEPARTMENT: Grounds Maintenance
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Non-Exempt REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
HIRING RANGE: $19 – $24 per hour
BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Vison, 403(b) match, Vacation & Sick Leave
The Irrigation Technician is responsible for all aspects of irrigation including installation, repair, maintenance, programming, pumps, and pump stations. Other responsibilities include landscape lighting including transformers, timers, wiring and fixtures and water feature maintenance. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Overtime may be required depending on system functions, seasonal demands and/or event schedules. Scheduling is established by the Facilities Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform installation, renovation, maintenance and repair of automatic and manual irrigation systems, pumps and related systems.
- Perform installation, renovation, maintenance, and repair of landscape lighting.
- Perform installation, renovation, maintenance, and repair of water features.
- Perform installation, maintenance, and repair of holiday lighting.
- Perform bi-weekly inspections of each zone and update watering schedules, coordinating with scheduled events and maintenance operations.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and technical problems on clocks, valves, heads, and piping.
- Keep accurate records, including up-to-date watering schedules, daily schedules, and work orders.
- Work with volunteers as assigned.
- Respond to emergency callbacks on a 24-hour basis.
- Snow removal operations during the winter months.
- Perform other duties as the needs arise, particularly concerning concerts in the summer and horticultural tasks in the winter.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of irrigation service and installation required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Colorado driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle required.
- Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of irrigation including installation, repair, maintenance, programming, Flowtronics pump stations, and pumps.
- Knowledge of water feature maintenance, landscape lighting, and holiday lighting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Skill with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Skill with the use of hand tools, power tools, trenchers, compressors, skid steer, and other machinery to complete jobs.
- Skilled in reading and creating irrigation blueprints, flow charts and schedules.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize work, set priories, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to use tools and machinery safely and efficiently.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot irrigation problems and determine materials and supplies required for repairs.
- Work is accomplished with limited direction. The incumbent determines and develops approaches to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- This position does not supervise employees.
- This position has contact with others within the organization, outside vendors, and garden visitors.
- Strength, stamina, and mobility is needed to perform physical work and to operate a variety of tools and equipment.
- Lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds is common. May lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Vision is needed to read printed materials such as blueprints. Also needs to be able to distinguish between colors in wiring.
- Manual dexterity needed to operate machinery and perform repairs.
- Incumbent needs to be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach to complete tasks.
- COVID-19 considerations: face mask must be worn indoors.
- The Hudson Gardens & Event Center is adhering to CDC, State and local orders and guidelines regarding COVID-19.
- Duties occur in both indoor and outdoor environments with moderate to loud noise levels. Special events and concert noise levels may be very loud.
- Work occurs in all weather conditions including inclement weather.
- Some exposure to chemicals, mechanical, and electrical hazards.
- Occasional local travel required.
- Incumbent may be assigned an on-call and irregular work schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Remote work: No.
The King C. Hudson & Evelyn Leigh Hudson Foundation, Inc., d.b.a. The Hudson Gardens & Event Center, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Employment is pending a criminal background check.Apply Here