Lead Helpdesk (IT Tech III)
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Lead Helpdesk (IT Tech III)
Do you love technology and science? Do you want to work in an exciting and unique environment helping smart and creative people? If so, we may have the job for you.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is seeking a friendly and highly experienced Lead Helpdesk Technician (IT Tech III) to enable our staff and volunteers to use technology to reach their full potential. This position will act as a mentor and coach for the Technician I & II roles on our Helpdesk team to help develop their customer service and problem resolution skills.
This position provides the final point of escalation within the Helpdesk acting as a bridge between System Administrators, Software Developers, Enterprise Applications, and the Interactives and AV Teams. Candidates for this role must have extensive experience in a Helpdesk or Service Desk and want to use their knowledge to help the Museum find efficiencies through documentation and training, technology service management and automation.
- Customer Support – Timely and efficiently diagnoses, researches, and resolves customer issues via phone, email or remote connectivity.
- Hardware Support – Responds to requests for maintenance, installation, upgrades, and service to ensure ongoing the reliability and security of our desktop/laptop computers, mobile devices, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Staff onboarding/offboarding – Assists Technology Systems Administrators with the maintenance and auditing of Active Directory and Microsoft 365 user accounts and related application security.
- Policy and procedure documentation – Develops end-user documentation and creates secure desktop/laptop build standards.
- Leads cyber security vulnerability management and remediation for PC hardware and operating systems.
- 5 years’ experience troubleshooting computer hardware and software problems including Microsoft & Mac Operating systems and application required.
- 2 years’ experience in customer service required.
- 1 years’ experience working with at least one IT Service Management (ITSM) framework including ITIL, COBIT 5, ISO 20000, Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF).
- 1 years’ Experience with at least one security compliance framework including PCI DSS, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and web enabled applications required.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Previous project management experience.
- IT Certifications in one or more- ITIL Foundation, CompTia A+, Network+, Security+, Cisco CCNA
- Working understanding of network protocols including DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP V4, VPN, 802.1X auth, Wireless 802.11.
- Microsoft 365 administration tools and PowerShell scripts as defined by System Administrator team.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Office365 Groups, Microsoft 365 Exchange.
- Scripting experience using tools such as PowerShell and Visual Basic to manage account security, Windows OS deployments, and standardized software deployments.
- Experience using Group Policy to manage Windows desktop operating systems settings.
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. 100% paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Paid time-off for vacation, sickness and holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and, after one year of employment, an employer contribution and match. An RTD Eco pass and a free Family+ membership to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
The full range of perks and benefits can be found HERE.
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, and the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your resume by Sunday, June 27, 2021. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.