Major Gift Officer
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Job Location: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, 7711 E. Academy Boulevard, Denver, Colorado, 80230-6929
FLSA Status: Part-Time, 20-25 hours weekly, non-exempt
Salary: $35.00 – $45.00/Hour
Job Summary: Assist the Chief Development Officer in achieving the museum’s short- and long-term fundraising goals with specific responsibility for coordinating and managing a comprehensive Major Individual Giving Program, including the solicitation of annual and restricted gifts. The Major Gift Officer will be responsible for developing and executing a Major Gift program, including but not limited to: identifying and connecting with prospects, creating a pipeline, managing correspondence, closing gifts, and supporting donors with appropriate acknowledgement. This position is also expected to represent Wings Over the Rockies in networking events, and occasionally through media or press.
In addition, this position will assist with growing major donor constituency with the implementation of special member and donor events. The position will work directly and indirectly with other departments including Marketing, Education, Curatorial, Events, and Accounting, as necessary. Working in cooperation with these other museum departments, this position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer. With an emphasis placed on growing the museum’s constituent base, gaining new donors, and elevating Wings to be at the leading edge of fundraising practices, Wings is looking for a bold, hard-working team member with a whole-museum mindset, attention to detail, and a drive to engage Colorado’s Official Air & Space Museum’s community.
Museum Overview: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum is a diverse community organization dedicated to unlocking our visitors dreams of flight through exhibits, events and educational programming. Each year, we welcome roughly 160,000 visitors representing all 50 states and 34 countries around the world. Wings is Colorado’s Official Air & Space Museum and is recognized by CNN as one of the top 20 Aviation Museums in the World. Founded in 1994 and housed at the former Lowry Air Force Base in Denver, the Museum boasts more than 182,000 square feet of hanger space full of iconic aircraft, space vehicles, artifacts and much more. Visitors can also experience thrilling flight simulators, discover educational programs and participate in many exciting museum sponsored events.
Tasks, Duties, and Major Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the organization’s President & CEO and CDO, devise and implement a multifaceted major gift program that will support Wings’ plans for growth
- Establish the Major Gift Program solicitation priorities, manage prospect lists, prospect research, and prospect tracking
- Develop and execute cultivation plans, strategies including meeting requests, and metrics to monitor project success in collaboration with the development team and senior leadership
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to provide or source campaign collateral and communications, specifically materials for solicitation including print, web and social media platforms
- Work with the Wings Board of Directors, identify prospects, provide support, and craft appropriate solicitations
- Work collaboratively across all museum teams to cultivate identified individuals and institutional prospects in order to complete solicitations and/or prepare and submit grant proposals in cooperation with the Chief Development Officer
- Devise and direct cultivation and recognition processes ensuring donor acknowledgement and naming opportunities, stewardship and, as appropriate, public recognition
- Work with the Annual Fund Manager to manage all donor correspondence in the database, including timely acknowledgments, pledge payment reminders, pledge agreements, and preparing and submitting reports to donors and those required by granting foundations
- Manage budget tracking and reporting both expenditure and contributed revenue
- Maintain the Major Gift calendar, ensuring that it is coordinated with existing program and development calendars
- Prepare presentations for the leadership team and Board of Directors that evaluate progress toward goals
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects with the capacity, interest, and inclination to make gifts of $5,000 or more
- Assist in grant writing, reporting and calendaring
- Other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional fundraising experience, with a proven track record of successfully soliciting and closing major gifts
- Excellent communications skill both orally and written
- Success leading and directing campaigns, and the ability to manage a budget.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities
- Personal qualities of strong work ethic, emotional intelligence, and diligence
- A sense of humor, tolerance for change, commitment to social inclusion, and a demonstrated ability to contribute to a positive culture
- A team player with the ability to motivate others and collaborate interdepartmentally
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new programs; experience with Blackbaud products preferred
- Participation in the company retirement plan
- Accrued sick time based on hours worked
Working Conditions: Wings is an air and space museum and operates in a 70-year-old hangar. Environmental conditions may vary. Standard office work days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. On occasion, it may be necessary to work weekends, evenings or holidays to support various special events. This position is expected to work both remotely and, as necessary, at the Wings primary Lowry office facility at 7711 E. Academy Blvd, Denver, CO.
To Apply: Follow the link to apply for this position https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/690348/Wings-Over-The-Rockies-Air-Space-Museum/Major-Gift-Officer
Compensation: Salary: $35.00 - $45.00/Hour