Marketing and Promotions Supervisor
City of Lakewood Heritage, Culture & Arts
City of Lakewood’s Statement of Excellence:
The City of Lakewood is dedicated to upholding City values to include: Performance Excellence, Leadership, Respect and Collaboration. Best fit candidates will demonstrate innovation, customer service, dedication, passion and engagement. All people, citizens and employees, will be treated with respect, relevance, and importance.
ABOUT COMMUNITY RESOURCES:
Community Resources is committed to providing high quality park, recreation, family and cultural services and facilities that inspire enjoyment, learning and wellness in the lives of those who live, work and play in Lakewood. We value leadership, integrity, communication and connection, diversity and adaptability.
Develops and implements marketing and public relations strategies that drive attendance, participation and awareness of the numerous programs, services and facilities offered by Lakewood’s Community Resources Department. Areas of focus include arts and culture, parks, recreation, wellness, naturalist education and other Community Resources initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities)
Incumbent is accountable for all duties of this job and other projects and responsibilities may be added at the City’s discretion. Employees must be able to perform the essential duties of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Builds strategies to promote CR programs, services and facilities.
- Produces exceptional and scalable content for web, social media and print.
- Writes and distributes press releases and develops relationships with members of the media.
- Manages advertising budgets.
- Requests funding, tracks spend and evaluates results.
- Project manages new initiatives.
- Establishes long and short-term communications strategy for projects and initiatives (i.e. leash compliance in parks, muddy trails, summer camp promotion etc.).
- Guides the development of culturally relevant and sensitive materials, encouraging the participation of a diverse audience.
- Consults with internal clients on their promotions needs. Seeks to understand goals and recommends a course of action.
- Pays attention to trends, market research and analytics/SEO. As the expert in this area, explains trends and research to internal clients.
Supervision Received: Public Engagement and Operations Manager
Supervision Exercised: Digital Marketing Specialist and Sr. Graphic Designer
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communication, or related field.
- Five or more years work experience in marketing, public relations or advertising and some experience with general business practices or government.
- Two or more years’ experience developing and managing complex communications plans, to include social, print, and digital.
- Two or more years’ experience as a supervisor.
- Prefer experience marketing arts and cultural programs and/or facilities and recreation programs/facilities.
- Prefer proven success with implementing bilingual promotional programs; demonstrated cultural sensitivity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in AP style of writing and copywriting
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing and application of these skills to support cultural, community-based programming.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate organizational/interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a variety of people.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to coordinate activities of multiple work groups and meet deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate in variety of settings with groups, sponsors, granting agencies and others.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to manage budgets and accounting practices.
- Personal computer
- Adobe Suite
- Social media platforms
- Project tracking system such as Asana.
Must successfully complete and maintain required state or departmental physical standards and certifications.
All Lakewood employees are expected to work and complete all tasks in a safe manner consistent with training, standard operating procedures, City or Department policies, and common sense. Working in a safe manner includes the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and complying with all City and/or Department safety rules. Horseplay on-the-job is strictly forbidden. The failure to work in a safe manner, use PPE, follow standard operating procedure or comply with a safety rule will result adverse employment consequences ranging from verbal discipline to termination from employment, including any applicable reduction in benefits under the Colorado Workers’ Compensation Act. Employees are also expected to encourage safe work practices by all co-employees, and to report any unsafe work practices immediately to a supervisor.
Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work
The City of Lakewood is a drug-free workplace that provides employment opportunities in compliance with all pertinent federal, state, and local laws. Accordingly, the City celebrates diversity in the workforce. This position description is a valid statement of the job duties, responsibilities, requirements and performance expectations of this position.
Compensation: HIRING RANGE: $81,000 - $85,000, full range $68,972.80 - $96,512.00 Annually