Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Job Location: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, 7711 East Academy Blvd., Denver, CO 80230 Marketing Department (primary), Wings Over the Rockies Exploration of Flight, 13005 Wings Way, Englewood, CO 80112 (secondary)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part Time
Salary Range: $15.00-17.00/hr DOE
Job Summary: The part-time Marketing Assistant provides support to Wings Over the Rockies (WOTR) Marketing team to write copy, provide campaign support and promote the successful implementation of marketing objectives – including (but not limited to) researching, planning and imagining marketing content that fits into Wings’ calendar. The Marketing Assistant will be integral to the growth and consistency of the Wings Over the Rockies brand and will assist in planning social media content, capturing analytics, updating website content and more. This position will ensure on-site and digital attraction consistency and help to propel the marketing department forward to drive organizational revenue and ensure Wings’ mission of educating and inspiring people of all ages about aviation and space endeavors of the past, present and future. The ideal candidate is outgoing, an outstanding team player, extremely organized and can handle multiple projects at once.
Museum Overview: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum is a diverse community organization dedicated to unlocking our visitors dreams of flight through exhibits, events and educational programming. Each year, we welcome roughly 160,000 visitors representing all 50 states and 34 countries around the world. Wings is Colorado’s Official Air & Space Museum and is recognized by CNN as one of the top 20 Aviation Museums in the World. Founded in 1994 and housed at the former Lowry Air Force Base in Denver, the Museum boasts more than 182,000 square feet of hanger space full of iconic aircraft, space vehicles, artifacts and much more. Visitors can also experience thrilling flight simulators, discover educational programs and participate in many exciting museum sponsored events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or related field preferred, or a combination of education and 1-3 years relevant experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and written communication skills
- Proficient in web design, WordPress preferred
- Adobe Creative Cloud skills preferred
- Knowledge of major social media platforms
- Knowledge and interest in aerospace a bonus
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Weekend or evening hours may be required
Tasks, Duties and Major Responsibilities:
- Research and draft engaging content for social media
- Interact and respond to comments and questions on social media platforms
- Interact with other social media accounts in the industry
- Respond to Google and Yelp reviews
- Utilize Canva and Buffer to prepare social media posts
- Update and create analytic reports for social media and email
- Assist with production and script writing for video content
- Update WOTR websites as needed
- Ensure print and digital materials at both Wings locations are up to date
- Serves as a key point of contact for neighboring businesses, and communities
- Conducts community outreach including accurately disseminating event and program information to community calendars based on information on WingsMuseum.org
- Manage the outreach table at onsite and offsite events as needed
This job description is not all-inclusive and may be added to verbally or in writing by the employee’s supervisor.
Relationships: Jobholder reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely and in collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator and Content Specialist.
Job Skill Requirements:
- Self-motivated, energetic, outcome-oriented individual who demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work creatively.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, like social media, website, content email, and SEO.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle a number of projects and prioritize work.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, Google applications and willingness to learn new programs.
- Commitment to social inclusion and making the Museum accessible to a wide-ranging audience.
- Commitment to the Mission of Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum.
- Sick time accrual based on hours worked
- Optional participation in group retirement plan
Working Conditions: Wings is an air and space museum and operates in a 70-year-old aircraft hangar which provides the excitement and heraldry of being around aerospace. Part-time hours are expected to be 20-29 hours per week. Hours will be worked between Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with flexibility in working weekend or evening hours if required. On occasion, hours in addition to normal work hours may be requested including evenings and weekends. Out-of-town travel and weekend/holiday hours may be required.
To Apply: Follow the link to apply for this position. https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/613746/Wings-Over-The-Rockies-Air-Space-Museum/Marketing-AssistantApply Here