Colorado Railroad Museum
Colorado Railroad Museum
Job Posting: Marketing Coordinator
At the Colorado Railroad Museum, we believe that transportation and communication have been keys to transforming our world. We work hard every day to bring Colorado’s rich railroad history to life through a range of self-guided and dynamic means. To accomplish this, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals who share our passion for people and history. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Colorado Railroad Museum is seeking a Marketing Coordinator. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Marketing Coordinator will support and grow the Museum’s marketing, public relations and advertising efforts.
Why Join Our Team? Our world is changing. The Museum is seeking to appeal to new, non-traditional audiences. The right marketing approach is needed to realize this goal, in ways that will endure for the future. Successful candidates will create strategies to build lasting connections for the organization. This position is a “process over projects” assignment; while deadlines are important, critical thinking and constant critique are essential.
Position: Marketing Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, typically M-F but with some evenings and weekends as needed
Starting Rate: $41,000-$44,000 annually
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Create and manage annual marketing/public relations/advertising program and budget
- Act as advertising director and media buyer for approved annual program
- Provide marketing, communications, public relations and advertising support to all Museum departments
- Develop, manage, and assist with selected campaigns, such as Day Out With Thomas, The Polar Express Train Ride, membership drives and fundraising appeals
- Help maintain organizational brand standards
- Write and edit press releases, web copy, fact sheets and content for Museum collateral
- Oversee updates and edits to Museum website
- Oversee and create content for the Museum’s social media platforms
- Create and manage email newsletters
- Assist with promotion of all Museum public events, and with day-of event support, as needed
- Create basic in-house collateral
- Act as primary media liaison; share spokesperson responsibilities with ED and Deputy Director
- Help evaluate and evolve the Museum’s membership program
- Provide leadership and organizational assistance for one staff member, and manage freelance designers and various vendors, including translation services
- Work with ED and Museum exhibits team on current and future exhibit branding, look and feel, and signage
- Develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for Museum marketing and advertising campaigns, including Google Grants and Analytics, Facebook, and other social media channels
- Maintain news clippings, advertising tear sheets, and related electronic file archives
- Attend off-site meetings and make deliveries/pick-ups
- Assist as requested with on-site media production, including videos
- Assist with staffing and team leadership for selected special events
- Other duties as assigned
- A. degree or equivalent plus 2+ years experience in marketing, communications and/or public relations
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Strong computer skills; fluent in Microsoft Office, MyEmma, Facebook and TikTok posting and analytics, Website Content Management Systems; Google Adwords/Analytics plus YouTube analytics and Adobe Creative Suite knowledge preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Diplomatic and thoughtful when responding to inquiries from media, guests and others
- Basic media knowledge; comfortable with public speaking, or willing to become so
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds for various marketing, exhibit and event needs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time indoors and outdoors (up to 6 hours).
- Other physical requirements of the position may include but are not limited to moving, traversing and reaching, or positioning self to bend, stoop, crouch or remain in a stationary position on the floor.
This position operates in busy indoor and outdoor environment where variable temperatures, crowds and moderate to very noisy sound levels are common. This position interacts with adults and children frequently, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers, as well as common cleaning supplies. Driving is required for this position.
Compensation: $41,000 to $44,000/year