About the CELL:
The CELL is a nonpartisan nonprofit and a leading center of excellence addressing the foremost issues in national and global security today. We believe that knowledge is the surest way to enhance community safety. We strive to create extraordinary experiences for individuals to understand the threats we face and what we can do together to confront them. To accomplish this mission, we are seeking talented individuals to join our team whose passions range from national security to combating racism. If you like to work hard and are passionate about improving your community through education, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages, and a supportive, rewarding, and inspiring work environment.
Are you a creative and driven marketing professional looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact? Engage your abilities and passions every day as you help us market our dynamic educational programs, one-of-a-kind exhibit, award-winning public safety training, and world-renowned speaker series featuring subject matter experts. As Marketing Coordinator, you will work on both traditional and digital marketing strategies and communications campaigns to meet attendance and engagement goals. The successful candidate will provide crucial project coordination support to our growing marketing team, helping to ensure alignment with overall organizational goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and help implement marketing strategies and communications campaigns to meet attendance, earned revenue, and fundraising goals
- Assist in the creation of engaging content for digital platforms, including social media, websites, newsletters, and email marketing
- Assist in managing the CELL’s social media channels and online reputation platforms, ensuring consistent branding and timely content updates
- Proofread and edit external communications, such as the Annual Impact Report, digital and printed event promotion, partner recruitment emails, Board of Director Reports, and more
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure timely development and external distribution of marketing deliverables
- Assist in event planning and execution, including promotional activities, collateral development, and donor engagement
- Work with graphic design team to develop visuals that align copy and message with look and feel
- Manage outside marketing agencies and contractors, utilizing established project management tools to meet deadlines
- Assist in the representation of the organization at events and press conferences
- Coordinate public and media relations communications and activity, including press release creation and distribution, media relations, and event public relations
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging marketing strategies to enhance CELL’s outreach efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
- Proven success coordinating and implementing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns
- Demonstrated success in communicating complex and sensitive subject matter to diverse audiences
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in social media management, content creation, and digital marketing tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience collaborating with graphic designers
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
Hours and Salary
$55,000-$72,000, commensurate with experience. The candidate must be available Monday-Friday and may be required to work a limited number of evenings and weekends to support program activities.
Benefits & Perks
While we value hard work, we also recognize the importance of having fun! Our employees enjoy a collaborative environment where they can freely bounce ideas off one another and participate in exciting teambuilding activities and outings.
- Positive, collaborative team culture
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA accounts, 403(b) with employer match, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Time off benefits include: Vacation, Sick, Holiday, Bereavement, Jury Duty, FMLA, and Military leave
- All benefits are subject to qualification and hire dates
Submit your cover letter and resume at www.tinyurl.com/ApplyForMI. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Every applicant is carefully reviewed; only candidates whose backgrounds most closely complement the requirements of the position will be contacted directly. All applicants will undergo a background check. Pursuant to CDC recommendations, final candidates must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. The Mizel Institute is an equal opportunity employer.