Marketing Manager, Advertising & Publications
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
Opera Colorado seeks a full-time Marketing Manager to project manage and implement key advertising, publications, and communications initiatives. This is an ideal role for a detail-oriented multi-tasker with the talent and enthusiasm for executing a wide range of marketing and communications duties—whether working with a graphic designer to create materials, coordinating with printers and mail houses, or engaging with the public at Opera Colorado events.
Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Manager works to best convey the Opera Colorado brand through all channels, and to support the company’s public relations, charitable giving, ticket revenue, and attendance goals. This position also supports the department’s audience development mission through on-site assistance with patron experience initiatives at events, and through the day-to-day management of Inside OC, Opera Colorado’s young professionals’ group.
- Project manage the traditional advertising cycle (direct mail, print, outdoor, and broadcast), including booking placements and facilitating the production of advertising artwork and/or assets (whether created in-house or with outside partners).
- Project manage the publications cycle for the company’s program books and marketing collateral, including working with graphic designers and freelance writers, fact-checking, copy-editing, and interfacing with key stakeholders and vendors, including staff, printers, and mail houses.
- Develop and execute Opera Colorado’s organic social media strategy (currently including branded Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube accounts) in support of the company’s marketing, public relations, and fundraising campaigns and goals.
- Develop social-specific engagement campaigns to connect with Opera Colorado followers and fans.
- Day-to-day management of Inside OC, the company’s subscription-based young professionals group, including planning and successfully executing Inside OC’s seasonal events and performance receptions and developing marketing campaigns to grow the Inside OC subscriber base.
- Oversee all aspects of the company’s photo booth at performances, including props and equipment, photography, and the post-performance distribution of photos to audiences.
- Maintain media libraries and image catalogs for general and marketing purposes.
- Maintain press, photo, and video archives.
- Manage photo/video freelancers (scheduling, invoicing, deliverables).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, public relations, journalism, performing arts and/or music—or a relevant combination of education and experience—is preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and sustain productivity.
- Ability to measure, test, and report on social strategies and campaigns to optimize organic engagement and social conversions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of social media platform content management systems.
- Keen sense of design and sales copywriting. Graphic design experience a plus.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work both independently and as part of a high-performing cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an open, respectful, and collaborative environment.
- A passion for the arts is a must; educational or professional background in the arts—specifically opera or classical music—is strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 6, 2021.Apply Here