Member and Visitor Services Coordinator
Denver Botanic Gardens
Job Summary: Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Member and Visitor Services department including but not limited to, coordinating all stages of the membership cycle, producing membership reports and projects, familiarity with opening and closing procedures, basic safety management. Process sales of memberships, general admission tickets, event tickets, and program registration. This position will act as lead in either the York Street or Chatfield Farms Visitor Centers and Resource Center with responsibilities including, but not limited to coordinating daily breaks for Member and Visitor Services Representatives and acting as the first point of contact for customer service issues.
Career Type: Full-Time
Education/Experience: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individuals must be reliable self-starters with data entry, membership, and problem resolution skills. The job requires familiarity with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and ATMs. Must be detail-oriented and flexible. Must possess excellent customer service skills and written, spoken communication skills, and analytical skills. Working knowledge of IBM-compatible computers, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and standard office equipment required. Minimum two years of customer service and data entry experience in a fast-paced environment preferred. Fluency in English is required, fluency in Spanish is desired.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides outstanding customer service to all staff, visitors, and Denver Botanic Gardens customers, including but not limited to phone, in-person, written, verbal, and electronic communication.
- Completes Resource Center assigned quality control duties including, but not limited to bounce-back emails, returned mail, and gift mailing address updates.
- Handle all aspects of onsite and phone membership sales, including taking payment through ATMs, recording member data in Raiser’s Edge, and printing member cards.
- Opens closes and reconciles daily ATMS shifts
- Open and close York Street and Chatfield Farms Visitor Center, Resource Center, and/or Membership offices in absence of managers.
- Facilitates break coverage in assigned areas.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Generates gift acknowledgment letters for the required individuals including but not limited to the CEO, Director of Membership, Visitor, and Volunteer Services within established guidelines.
- Creates, maintains, and references member records in ATMs and Raiser’s Edge, including updating/correcting as needed.
- Runs ImportOMatic import daily and ensures all information imported into Raiser’s Edge is up-to-date and accurate.
- Completes assigned tasks, including but not limited to, processing gift sales for all Membership transactions, new member tours, lapsed member surveys, bounce-back emails, and clearing pending transactions within established guidelines
- Creates and runs required reports using Raiser’s Edge and ATMs and other programs as requested.
- In the Visitor Center, Resource Center, and Membership offices, processes fees, refunds, and/or redemption of complimentary items which include but are not limited to programs, events, classes, memberships, fobs, guest passes, and tickets through approved means including but not limited to Raiser’s Edge, ATMs and Converge.
- Fulfills Membership strategies including solicitation, renewal processes, and membership appreciation programs.
- Prints and mails membership materials within established guidelines.
- Provides mailing and emailing information for member publications including but limited to the newsletter, membership kickback email, and e-newsletter.
Other Job Duties:
- Works closely with Member and Visitor Services team to improve sales and retention and deliver valuable benefits.
- Stays informed and updates appropriately all current membership information to the general public and members including but not limited to the web page, newsletters, general letters, membership cards, membership brochures, concert brochure, and signage.
- Works with team to utilize marketing tools to make sure Denver Botanic Gardens Membership information is accessible to members and the general public.
- Always maintains the standards of professionalism, including maintaining a positive, solution-oriented team demeanor.
- Acts as “Manager on Duty” for assigned special events.
- Reviews yearly calendar with Member and Visitor Service Manager to ensure staff, docent, and volunteer coverage on all events.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Major benefits include the choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA); a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes, and summer concert tickets.
Denver Botanic Gardens employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.