Membership, Visitor & Volunteer Services Assistant Manager – Chatfield Farms
Denver Botanic Gardens
Job Summary: This position oversees the day-to-day operations of the Membership, Visitor and Volunteer Services Department at Chatfield Farms. This position will assist management with hiring, training, evaluating, motivating and maintaining staff and volunteers. Promote a positive image of Denver Botanic Gardens to the community, visitors, and volunteers. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to, cash management, high level customer service, managing staff, volunteers and volunteer programs, volunteer outreach, volunteer recruitment, and facilitating all aspects of volunteer orientation at Chatfield Farms. The incumbent is expected to work closely with the Visitor and Volunteer Services Managers to ensure all expectations are met. Schedule may include some nights and weekends.
Career Type: Full-time
Compensation: $19.10 per hour
Education/Experience: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in customer service and volunteer coordination. Individual must be a reliable self-starter with problem resolution skills. Experience using Raiser’s Edge, ATMS and volunteer management software Volgistics is preferred. Must be detail oriented and flexible. Must possess excellent customer service skills and written, spoken communication skills and analytical skills. Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities. Demonstrated strong proficiency with standard office equipment and software including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook. Fluency in English required, fluency in Spanish is desirable.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervise and support Member, Visitor and Volunteer Services staff at Chatfield Farms.
- Cash management including, but not limited to, change orders, deposits, reconciling and verifying ATMS shifts.
- Work closely with Volunteer Services Team to implement Chatfield Farms’ volunteer recruitment strategy and recruit qualified volunteers to fulfill the needs of Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield Farms.
- Promote and implement the Volunteer Services vision, and values.
- Facilitates break coverage in assigned areas.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Coordinates with Visitor and Volunteer Services Managers on the overall management of department at Chatfield Farms.
- Creates and runs required reports using ATMS, Volgistics and other programs as requested.
- Acts as “Manager on Duty” for assigned special events.
- Leads training efforts for all new Membership, Visitor and Volunteer Services staff working at Chatfield Farms.
- Trains and coordinates volunteers in visitor engagement roles at Chatfield Farms
- Leads check in process for volunteers at Chatfield Farms
- Advises the Membership, Visitor, and Volunteer Services Department on changes to visitor services and volunteer programs at Chatfield based on staff requests and feedback from volunteers and staff
- Respond to inquiries from volunteers and other organizations.
Other Job Duties:
- Works closely with Member and Visitor Services team to improve sales and retention and deliver valuable benefits.
- Work with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all DBG visitors and volunteers throughout the Gardens.
- Creates, maintains, and references member records in ATMS and Raiser’s Edge, including updating/correcting as needed.
- Creates and maintain records and reports of volunteer demographics, hours, values/FTE equivalents, substitute availability, and other reports concerning daily, monthly and annual needs.
- Always maintains the standards of professionalism, including maintaining a positive, solution-oriented team demeanor.
- Reviews yearly calendar with Member, Visitor, and Volunteer Services Managers to insure staff and volunteer coverage on all events.
- Participates and supports visioning and planning of Membership, Visitor, and Volunteer Services Department
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Benefits: Benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.Apply Here