Memberships and Annual Giving Manager
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Job Location: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, 7711 E. Academy Boulevard, Denver, Colorado
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $20.00 – 24.00/Hour — Dependent on experience (DOE)
Relationships: Position reports to the Chief Development Officer
Job Scope & Summary: Assist the Chief Development Officer in achieving the museum’s short- and long-term fundraising goals with specific responsibility for coordinating and managing a comprehensive membership program, including the solicitation of annual gifts. Manage all membership and annual gift records to achieve financial and member unit goals and to ensure that the Museum’s obligations to its members and donors are fulfilled. In addition, this position will assist with developing the Annual Giving Program with the implementation of special member and donor events. The position will work directly and indirectly with other departments including Marketing, Education, Visitor Services and Accounting, as necessary.
Museum Overview: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum is a diverse community organization dedicated to unlocking our visitors dreams of flight through exhibits, events and educational programming. Each year, we welcome roughly 160,000 visitors representing all 50 states and 34 countries around the world. Wings is Colorado’s Official Air & Space Museum and is recognized by CNN as one of the top 20 Aviation Museums in the World. Founded in 1994 and housed at the former Lowry Air Force Base in Denver, the Museum boasts more than 182,000 square feet of hanger space full of iconic aircraft, space vehicles, artifacts and much more. Visitors can also experience thrilling flight simulators, discover educational programs and participate in many exciting museum sponsored events.
Tasks, Duties, and Major Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage the membership program including the development and coordination of benefits and member cultivation and retention strategies.
- Identify membership goals and plan and implement campaigns for gaining new members, reinstating dropped members, and increasing the membership retention rate.
- Primary administrator of (Blackbaud) Altru CRM and will consolidate contact lists and information generated by all other departments within this software. Will generate and manage all member and donor mailings (acknowledgments, renewals, acquisition), and will generate mailing lists as necessary for museum-wide communications, publications and events.
- Maintain the integrity of the donor/membership database including timely data entry, resolution of duplicate entries, and ensuring details are complete and accurate.
- Oversee the operation of membership sales and work with Visitors Services staff and museum departments on back office membership payments through Altru.
- Coordinate departmental mailings i.e. creation of an Annual Fund mailing calendar, preparing lists for mail merge, developing content and solicitation strategies.
- Prepare annual giving letters and coordinate annual giving solicitations, acknowledgements, and recognition to members and donors.
- Produce reports to track fundraising results, membership acquisition and retention, pledge payments, event attendance and financial outcomes; dashboards.
- Help develop and actively participate in donor-centric events hosted by Wings
- Attend third-party events to develop and establish new networking opportunities
- Develop innovative programs to help increase museum memberships, renewals & upgrades
- Work closely with accounting to ensure accurate reporting and categorization of all donations and gifts
- Help develop, plan and promote various fundraising events and membership drives
- Assist Chief Development Officer in writing grants and reviewing foundation grant opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Note: This is not an all-inclusive job description but a general guide to primary duties.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of two years of development experience in a museum or educational environment preferred
- Self-motivated, energetic individual who demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and work creatively
- Candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated, trustworthy and must possess the ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Altru or experience with database management programs highly desirable
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to deal professionally and sensitively with a diverse audience and a wide range of contacts
- Ability to handle a number of projects and prioritize work
- Commitment to social inclusion and making the Museum accessible to a wide-ranging audience
Working Conditions: Wings is an air and space museum that operates in two different aircraft hangars. Environmental conditions may vary. Standard work days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Hours in addition to normal work hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays, may be required on occasion.
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance for the employee
- Optional participation in Flexible Spending Account
- Optional participation in group retirement plan with discretionary match
- Optional participation in Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Coverage
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal leave
- Potential for annual bonus, merit pay increases and career advancement
To Apply: Please follow the link to apply for this position https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/566458/Wings-Over-The-Rockies-Air-Space-Museum/Memberships-and-Annual-Giving-ManagerApply Here