Museum Banquet Captain: Full-Time – $21-23/hour
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Banquet Captain – FT
In the Banquet Captain role, you will be responsible for leading a team of servers, bartenders, and stewards to execute our events in a way that is memorable to our guests and fellow staff. The Captain is the Museum’s conduit to the client during these events and works with the sales team & Banquet Manager to insure everything goes as planned. The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is one of Denver’s largest catering venues that hosts events up to 4000 people and can be challenging and rewarding all at the same time! Come join a team of Hospitality professionals that enjoy working in a team atmosphere and enjoys the challenges this industry can bring.
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week: nights, weekends, and holidays.
Supervises: up to 50
- Attends BEO meetings, Reviews CAD’s, and BEO’s with the Banquet Manager, Catering Consultants, and Culinary Team to gain a complete understanding of event expectations in advance.
- Inspects banquet areas daily to make sure they all clean and organized.
- Conducts pre-event meeting with servers to ensure servers understand crucial event content and timing for set up and execution.
- Thinks critically and acts with empathy to solve problems as they arise by working on shortages, timing changes, or guest issues in a timely fashion.
- In conjunction with Stewarding Supervisor is responsible for post event organization and cleanliness of catering storerooms, catering kitchens and liquor room.
Staff Leadership & Supervision
- Provides ongoing, hands on and leads by example training.
- Reinforces and ensures adherence to all operating procedures for FOH functions.
- Assists Banquet Manager with schedules for wait staff, bartenders and temps to ensure levels meet DMNS customer service standards.
- Works with Banquet Manager to implement progressive training programs, through training sessions and during events.
- Supervises all banquet service staff to ensure a clean and sanitary environment for all public areas of food service while ensuring total compliance with serve safe standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years’ experience in Banquet or Restaurant supervision required.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- The Museum loves science. As a science institution, the Museum believes in the science behind vaccines. Effective September 1, 2021, all persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to starting employment.
Ideal candidate will be:
- A team player, a person that works well with others and builds great relationships with staff and clients alike.
- Spanish speaking.
- A creative, hard worker that enjoys hosting great parties!
Perks of working at DMNS Include:
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. 100% paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Paid time-off for vacation, sickness and holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and, after one year of employment, an employer contribution and match. An RTD Eco pass and a free Family+ membership to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
Dayforce Wallet: Get your pay as soon as you earn it, at no cost to you. Request up to 50% of your net earnings without waiting for the standard payday, through the Dayforce Wallet mobile app.
The full range of perks and benefits can be found HERE.
Please submit your resume by May 27, 2022. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Compensation: Pay Range $21.00 - $23.00/hour