Nature Center Manager
Wild Bear Nature Center
NATURE CENTER MANAGER
~Summer Seasonal with possibility of year round employment
Wild Bear’s nonprofit mission is to inspire a lifelong connection to nature and community through creative exploration of the outdoors. We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, positive person who will provide excellent visitor experiences in the nature center in downtown Nederland.
- Create an atmosphere of support to general nature center visitors integrating conversation, creativity and informal nature education.
- Provide excellent customer service to every visitor, educating about exhibits, engaging in conversation and highlighting seasonal outdoor activities including Wild Bear programs and snowshoes.
- Daily operations of the nature center, including open/close, managing the front desk & gift shop, directing all inquiries to the appropriate staff in nature center operations.
- Document all stats including numbers, visitors log information disseminated to the appropriate system and staff,
- Create and implement hands-on activities for visitors including crafts and scavenger hunt.
- Maintain and take pride in exhibits including live animals (feeding, cleaning, organizing, updating)
- Prep the space prior to opening: floors, bathrooms, windows, sidewalk
- Tidy up the space at closing
- Daily analysis of visitor’s log to enter into newsletter or disseminate to appropriate staff
- Complete projects as directed by Nature – Education Director/Creative Marketing Associate/Director of Operations
- Communicate with Education team to set up and clean up spaces prior and after adult and family workshops
- Maintain and communicate the calendar of Community Engagement Events such as Bolder Boulder, Farmer’s Markets, Lyons Folks Fest, Fall Fest to all staff, board and volunteers and monitor the sign up calendar for those who will attend and support the event
- Communicate needs to the Wild Bear community, organize materials for the event and attend the event when needed (adjusting working days to accommodate the event when needed).
PROFILE & SKILLS
- A positive team player, professional with all constituents
- Strong positive customer service skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible with a “can do” attitude
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to work without supervision
- Passionate about Wild Bear Nature Center’s mission and vision and is able to speak passionately about it to individuals and community
- Pass a State of Colorado and FBI background checks
- 3 years customer service experience or working with the public
- Knowledgeable about nature center exhibits, mountain ecology
- General flexibility and willingness to aid in additional duties as needed
- Skilled in Google Docs/Sheets/Drive and Canva desired
- Museum experience a plus
- Social media experience a plus
START DATE: as soon as possible
$18-$20/hour depending on experience
Shared Housing available in Nederland at $400/month
10% discount in gift shop
SCHEDULE & HOURS:
40 hours/week, may include some weekend days
On site at the nature center downtown
On site at events as needed
LOCATION: This is an on site position based in Nederland, CO.
Please fill out our application form here: