Growing Gardens of Boulder County
Over the last 24 years, Growing Gardens has brought gardening, nutrition education and produce donations to over 162,000 Boulder County residents.
We offer a variety of programs to get people of all ages, backgrounds, income levels, and abilities involved in growing and cooking their own food. These educational opportunities are paired with seed, plant start, and produce donations, as well as gardening space, to impart greater food security and hunger relief in our community.
Job Purpose: The Growing Gardens Operations Coordinator plays an important role in coordinating, developing and implementing the operational, administrative and HR processes that support the organization. The Operations Coordinator is actively engaged in the Community Garden program to support gardeners and coordinate Community Garden educational workshops and community building events.
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Salaried Employee
Reports To: Operations Manager
Pay: $42,000- $46,000 FTE depending on experience (additional compensation for Spanish speaking and writing skills)
Preferred start date: July 10, 2023 (flexible)
Benefits: Flexible work schedule with ability to work from home 1-2 days per week (seasonally). Health and dental insurance. Paid Time Off, Paid Holiday leave, Paid sick leave, 50% off produce and plant starts at Growing Gardens. Click here to learn more about our generous benefits policy
The experience we offer:
- The opportunity to pair your work with your passion and to have a real impact in affecting positive change in our community.
- Professional development opportunities
- Supportive organizational culture where you have independence and room to be creative.
- The chance to be part of a thriving team culture where successes are celebrated together and coworkers enthusiastically share knowledge and support.
- A beautiful location: our office is on an urban farm in Boulder, Colorado.
Operations Coordinator Major Job Duties
- Work with Operations Manager to manage registration systems and donor database for the organization, and train/support staff as necessary in their usage (DonorView and Camp Minder)
- Input donor information into our database and generate/ send thank you notes
- Support financial operations of the organization, including invoicing and payment tracking for program participants, events and sponsors
- Help coordinate community garden program and plan community building and educational events
- Help coordinate and manage the JEDI goals and projects of the board and staff
- Interact and answer questions via phone, email and in person with various participants, supporters and community members
- Help coordinate onboarding and offboarding of employees and interns
- High degree of computer proficiency, including experience with word, excel and database management
- Strong communication and relationship building skills (public speaking, recruiting, interacting with partners from other non-profits, email and phone communication)
- Ability to organize and prioritize short and long-term tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a small staff
- Ability to positively engage with volunteers, interns, youth, people with disabilities and the general public on a daily basis
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, high priority tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with graphic design programs such as Adobe Illustrator
- Experience in WordPress
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working with diverse, bilingual populations in Boulder, Weld, and/or Broomfield counties.
No phone calls please. Email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references with “Operations Coordinator” in the email subject line to: info@GrowingGardens.org. We strongly encourage you to submit 2 letters of reference, as well, with your application materials.
Qualified applicants will be interviewed starting immediately until the position is filled.
Candidates from BIPOC groups or with multicultural backgrounds or experience are especially encouraged to apply. Growing Gardens is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment; where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
Compensation: $42,000- $46,000 FTE depending on experience (additional compensation for Spanish speaking and writing skills)