Patron Experience Manager
Littleton Town Hall Arts Center
Position: Patron Experience Manager – Exempt
Position is: Full-Time Salaried
Reports to: COO
Salary: $38,000 to $44,000 doe
Application Requirements: Cover Letter, Resume, 3 Professional References
Send Materials to: Robert Michael Sanders, COO, email@example.com
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until Friday April 30th at 5pm. Phone interviews will be conducted with qualified applicants mid to late April. Final in-person interviews will be held with top candidates in early May. Position to start in Mid-May.
Town Hall Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Town Hall Arts Center: Town Hall Arts Center (THAC) is a professional, non-equity, non-profit arts organization and is governed by a volunteer board that oversees our staff, comprised of a COO, ten full-time employees, and seven part-time staff. The organization was founded and has continued to operate on the belief that the immediate availability of excellent performing and visual arts significantly enriches the cultural, social, and educational life of a community. THAC was established to provide such opportunities for the people of the south Denver metro area. To that end, its programming is designed to provide quality live entertainment in the areas of theater, music, and dance, as well as the Stanton Art Gallery which displays visual art year-round. In addition, THAC proves classes and performance opportunities for youths wanting to learn performance skills. Further, THAC is an anchor for the three-block historic shopping district, largely consisting of small “mom and pop” retailers, antique and gift shops, plus a variety of restaurants. The Denver Post has called THAC “one of the most appealing intimate theatres in the region.”
Patron Experience Philosophy: Town Hall Arts Center strives to treat our patrons as more than customers by creating, maintaining, and enhancing a cultural environment and physical space where they can build relationships and connect with live theatre. Our patrons are our guests, whom we take great pride in hosting.
Position Summary (See Job Description for more information): The Patron Experience Manager (PEM) is a member of the leadership team at Town Hall Arts Center (THAC) and, as such, leads by example in setting the tone of our Patron Experience Philosophy in the cultural and physical space. The PEM applies their knowledge and experience to oversee ticketing, sales, and reporting; manage, schedule, and coordinate Box Office staff and Volunteers; and has an overall passion for THAC, live performance, and/or cultural nonprofits in general.
|Position Title: Patron Experience Manager||FLSA Status: Exempt|
|Reports to: COO||Revised: March 15, 2021|
The Patron Experience Manager (PEM) is a member of the leadership team at Town Hall Arts Center (THAC) and, as such, leads by example in setting the tone of our Patron Experience Philosophy in the cultural and physical space. The PEM applies their knowledge and experience to oversee ticketing, sales, and reporting; manage, schedule, and coordinate Box Office staff and Volunteers; and has an overall passion for THAC, live performance, and/or cultural nonprofits in general.
· Lead by example in cultivating relationships with THAC patrons and creating/maintaining an environment that contributes to the development of these relationships.
· Develop, train, and coach the Front of House Team including Box Office Associates and House Managers. This includes organizing certification for all Health/Safety/General certifications (TIPS/AEA/CPR).
· Build and manage the ticketing system, including events, sales, and donations, to ensure accuracy and proper working order, both in live sale and online. Delegate projects and oversee as needed.
· Reinforce, recommend, and implement systems and policy to accurately record, reconcile, and deposit all incoming revenue. Prepare and present on financial and statistical reports as requested.
· Develop, onboard, and coach a team of volunteers that enforce the Patron Experience Philosophy and strive to improve on it at every turn. Develop partnerships within the community to increase knowledge of and interest in volunteer positions at THAC and engage in active recruitment.
· Train and certify all volunteers on an annual basis to ensure comfort with the knowledge of THAC culture, and all policies and procedures needed to fulfill their duties. This includes organizing certification for all Health/Safety/General certifications (TIPS/AEA/CPR).
· Manage communications, schedules, and placement for all activities needing the support of a volunteer team.
· Maintain accurate records on volunteer participation, and appropriate recognition program.
· Track sales and inventory of all concession and bar items. Order necessary stock and arrange for delivery/pickup to ensure all events are fully stocked.
· Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure THAC is paying fair cost for items.
· Accurately build all sale items in the Point-of-Sale system to ensure accurate pricing and facilitate sales for cash, credit, donations, and vouchers.
· Reinforce, recommend, and implement systems and policy to accurately record, reconcile, and deposit all incoming concession revenue.
|Supervisory Duties (if any)
· Hires, assigns duties, supervises, trains, and reviews the House Managers, Box Office Associates, and Volunteers, including annual employee reviews and any necessary corrective action.
|Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned. Town Hall Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated strong detail orientation, multi-tasking skills, leadership, communication, and organizational skills enabling individual to manage heavy workload.
· Knowledge of Professional Ticketing practices, Cultural Non-Profits, and/or Live Performance facilities.
· Ability to follow and enforce all THAC policies, procedures, standards, systems, and guidelines while working in a manner consistent with the mission, and Patron Experience Philosophy of THAC.
· Ability to participate in and lead employee meetings and complete required training programs in a timely basis.
· Ability to exercise judgment, analyze situations thoroughly, and offer suggestions in an objective way.
· Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
· Ability to take responsibility for personal action and performance as well as that of the Front of House Team.
· Ability to be flexible while maintaining order and control of the Front of House Team.
|Education or Formal Training:
· High School or general education diploma (GED) is required.
· A bachelor’s Degree in performing arts, business administration or similar is preferred.
· A minimum three (3) years of experience in customer service-based leadership including cash handling, reporting, and employee management.
· A minimum of one (1) year of experience in the Box Office for a live performance or other cultural organization.
· Knowledge of and experience in a Non-Profit organization is strongly desired.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year-to-year basis.
· Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Driver’s License is required within two weeks of employment.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Candidates must pass a criminal and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) background check.
· All new hires must have or obtain a CPR/AED Certification within the first three (3) months of hire.
This job operates in a professional, climate controlled, fast-paced office environment with prolonged periods of sitting. This role will normally work standard office hours and work week, but will regularly be required to work weekends, evenings and/or holidays when shows are scheduled. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machine.
These are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required; it would require the ability to reach for and lift files, open filing cabinets and bend. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Employee may have to lift up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis. Will need to walk or drive to make bank deposits on a regular basis.