Patron Services Associate
Reports To: Patron Services Manager
Schedule: Weekdays 10am-5pm | Nights & Weekends during performances, 5pm-9pm | flexible scheduling
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Patron Services Associate is a part-time position that is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all Opera Colorado patrons by anticipating needs, solving problems, and maintaining a positive, friendly attitude in any situation. This position is responsible for selling tickets and processing donations with strong attention to detail while resolving a variety of patron issues. The ideal candidate has a passion for the arts and is ready to work to ensure that all guests’ needs are met. They will be a quick learner and able to think critically. The Patron Services Associate serves as an ambassador for Opera Colorado by sharing information about productions, answering questions, and directing additional inquiries or concerns to the appropriate person or department within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service for prospects, ticket holders, and donors by professionally managing ticket orders (phone, mail, online, walk-up, etc.), including processing and fulfillment.
- Satisfy patron ticket issues and requests promptly and courteously while adhering to polices that never compromise the Opera.
- Maintain a full understanding of operas/events available: times, locations and durations of events, event content, and ticket prices.
- Step in as Box Office Lead during performances when Patron Services Manager is unavailable.
- Act as front desk administrator at the Opera Center during designated hours.
- Other office duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in person and over the phone.
- Strong basic math skills.
- A working knowledge of ticket office software, preferably Tessitura.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an open, respectful, and collaborative environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) Information
Compensation is commensurate with skill and experience. Starting hourly base pay is $15.00Apply Here