Patron Services & Office Coordinator
PATRON SERVICES & OFFICE COORDINATOR
Reports To: Patron Services Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Patron Services & Office Coordinator is a full-time position that is responsible for providing support for key sales and patron services initiatives and excellent customer service to Opera Colorado patrons. This position will play a role in growing our group sales program by assisting with strategy and processing orders, contracts, and invoices. The Patron Services & Office Coordinator will also process general ticket orders, assist with internal ticket requests and education program ticketing, provide box office support around our mainstage productions, process donations received via mail and online, manage the office supply needs for the company, and provide general office administration support to all departments. The ideal candidate is an ambassador for Opera Colorado with a passion for the arts, keen eye for detail, and a knack for problem solving. They are a quick learner and able to think critically.
• Full-time position with salary and benefits including but not limited to medical and dental insurance, and 401K retirement plan.
• Evening and weekend work required.
• Location: Englewood/Denver, CO
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide excellent customer service for prospects, ticket holders, and donors by professionally managing ticket orders (phone, mail, online, walk-up, etc.), including processing and fulfillment.
• Work with Patron Services Manager to coordinate box office scheduling and act as box office lead on show days.
• Function as front desk receptionist at the Opera Center during regular business hours.
• Serve as point person for staff ticket requests and assist Patron Services Manager in fulfilling artist, orchestra, chorus, and production staff ticket requests.
• Under supervision of the Business Operations & Development Manager:
o Process gift entry of donations received via the mail and online
o Maintain office and facility supplies, ordering replacements as necessary
o Provide general office support (e.g. folding and stuffing mailings, copying and collating reports, scores for the chorus, etc.)
• Assist with group sales program by contributing to strategies, tactics, timelines, and measurement for group sales ticket revenue as well as the processing of orders, contracts, and invoices.
• Assist with coordination of the volunteer program.
• Satisfy ticket issues and requests promptly and courteously while adhering to polices that never compromise the Opera.
• Maintain a full understanding of operas/events available: times, locations and durations of events, event content, and ticket prices.
• A mission-driven individual with a belief in and commitment to Opera Colorado’s mission and values;
• Detail-oriented; an individual with self-discipline and a critical eye;
• A good listener; comfortable receiving input from many sources;
• Intrepid yet tactful; determined yet respectful of others’ concerns; someone with flexibility and creativity to find multiple solutions to reach objectives;
• A team player, confident and competent; strong skills in time management; able to work well with diverse colleagues who employ different work styles;
• A hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities;
• Emotionally mature; with a sense of humor
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills in person and over the phone.
• Strong basic math skills.
• A working knowledge of ticket office software, preferably Tessitura.
• A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in an open, respectful, and collaborative environment