Patron Services Representative
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
Patron Services Representative (Full Time)
The Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities, a non-profit organization, celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone. The Arvada Center strives to create and maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all artists, actors, staff, volunteers, and patrons.
Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the Audience Service Representatives acts as front-line customer service contact and provides efficient, courteous service to all visitors of the Arvada Center. Representatives assist patrons with purchase of tickets to events, registration for educational classes, and sales of gallery pieces while also providing clerical support for the entire Arvada Center.
Audience Services Representatives interact with customers on a daily basis via phone, email and in-person interactions to:
- Assist in purchase of tickets to Arvada Center events (theatre, concerts, special events, etc.)
- Register students of all ages for classes, both at front counter and by telephone
- Enter ticket orders and class registrations into computerized ticketing and customer database system
- Perform quality control duties for ticket and class registration orders
- Perform reception/front desk duties such as answering general phone calls and transferring callers to appropriate departments, greeting visitors as they arrive, and opening/unlocking Arvada Center galleries and museum
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner with customers seeking information or assistance
Skills and Competencies
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of one (1) year customer service experience
- Willingness to maintain current knowledge about all Arvada Center programming to deliver to inquiring customers
- Possess working knowledge of multi-line phone system, ticketing printer, and standard office equipment
- Ability to perform computer data entry functions in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsibly handle cash transactions and follow assigned protocols for cash management
- Propensity for maintaining positive working relationships with staff and the general public
- Ability to lift up 10 pounds regularly and 20 pounds occasionally
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and, ideally, event ticketing software
- Available to work a non-traditional schedule which can include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
This is a full-time, nonexempt position earning an annualized salary of $38,480/ $18.50 per hour with a variable schedule based on business needs, in addition to a benefit package including health, dental, vision insurance plans, term life and accident policies, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending plan, paid time off, and more!
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Please send an email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line of your email.