Production Electrician and Programmer
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
Production Electrician & Programmer
Length of Engagement: ASAP -June 30, 2023
The Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone. The Arvada Center strives to create and maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all artists, actors, staff, volunteers, and patrons.
The Electrics department is looking for creative, driven individuals who have a passion for lighting live entertainment. Reporting to the Lighting Director, this position will support bringing artistic visions to life through assisting with aspects of lighting design, installation, programming and operating lighting consoles for all of the various programming events at the Arvada Center.
- Reading, interpreting, and executing stage lighting plots and various paper work including Hook-ups and Instrument schedules
- Strong knowledge of, and ability to troubleshoot networking of various lighting equipment
- Extensive knowledge of programming lighting consoles such as ETC Ion and Hog 4
- Working closely with lighting designers and an ability to assist them through the tech process
- Cleaning and maintenance of instruments, equipment, and all work areas
- Reading and interpreting various scenic drawings such as Ground Plan, Section, Design Plates, and Shop drawings
- Wiring electrical elements on scenery and props, costumes, etc.
- Hanging, circuiting, and focusing lighting instruments
- Running theatrical productions, concerts, and other various events as a member of deck crew, light board operator, follow spot operator, or other positions required
- Other duties within reason
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient knowledge of electricity and electrical safety
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct electrical problems
- Strong programming knowledge of the ETC Ion console or similar
- Must be self-directed and able to take initiative and assume responsibility for completing tasks and projects with deadlines
- Design experience and knowledge of basic lighting design concepts
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly efficient environment
- Good communication skills with crew members, supervisors, and artistic personalities
- Must be comfortable with heights
- Must be comfortable working in bucket and scissor lifts
- Ability to climb and work on ladders
- Ability to lift 20 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally
- Possess a positive attitude and team oriented work ethic
- At least 2 years of experience in a performance or event venue or related field preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical theater or related field a plus
- Flexibility in schedule to work nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, and occasionally on-call as needed
This is a non-exempt position earning $18.00 per hour for 30-40 hours per week for the duration of the seasonal agreement, in addition to Medical and Vision insurance plans, paid sick time and 3 floating holidays. Members of the Electrics department may be offered Theater Season Agreements as well as Summer Season Agreements.
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Please send an email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put the job title in the subject line of your email. Vaccination required for hire.