Public Events Coordinator
Denver Botanic Gardens
Job Summary: Under general supervision, the Public Events Coordinator is responsible for designing, planning, organizing, and executing public events including but not limited to; Spring Plant Sale, the Summer Concert Series, Glow at the Gardens, and Blossoms of Light. This position will thoroughly and completely arrange all details of public events including but not limited to; creating production schedules, developing creative details, site mapping, managing event budgets, technical arrangements, coordinating vendors, cash management, volunteer plans and filing any necessary permits. Ability to work nights and weekends. This position has on-call duties for assigned events which include holidays.
Career Type: Full-time
Compensation: $21.63-$24.04 Per Hour
Education/Experience: A minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in hospitality and/or recreation or experience including project management, event coordination and budget management. Must be familiar with Microsoft office-based software including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams. Wrike, Social Tables, Talech, and Vantix ATMS+ software knowledge is a plus. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required. Exceptional organizational skills and extreme attention to detail plus customer service oriented. This position needs to maintain a flexible work schedule to coordinate and attend evening and weekend events. Position requires a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Ability to manage and organize multiple events and priorities at the same time in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage all aspects of designing, planning, implementing, and physically executing events.
- Responsible for tracking all expenses and revenues for each assigned public event.
- Arranges all aspects of public events including but not limited to event logistics, developing creative details, site mapping, managing event budgets, arranging security, technical arrangements, coordinating vendors, volunteer plans and filing any necessary permits.
- Works with vendors and suppliers to coordinate their participation in events.
- Solicits and manages vendor agreements.
- Responsible for distributing event information across all departments within the organization to ensure all employees are engaged in supporting events from their departmental perspectives.
- Produces cash management plans for assigned events and coordinates with the Finance and IT Teams.
- Communicates closely with the team and maintains detailed notes for event continuity.
- Create agendas for and efficiently leads multi-department meetings related to event logistics.
- Obtains event supplies from local vendors when necessary.
Other Job Duties:
- Responsible for updating event content on Gardens website for assigned events.
- Works with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all DBG visitors.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Services Team to identify volunteer needs and manage all volunteer trainings for assigned events.
- Maintains satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers, and others.
- Maintains a positive, supportive, and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Major benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
Denver Botanic Gardens employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Compensation: $21.63-$24.04 Per Hour