Registration and Office Assistant
Denver Botanic Gardens
Job Summary: This position organizes for, responds to, and communicates with Education Department customers and staff about programs. The Registration and Office Assistant processes school program registrations received for all locations, maintains records and schedules, provides information regarding school programs, responds to requests from teachers and others, and greets school groups when they arrive at York Street. Ongoing duties include, but are not limited to, sending regular reminders, notifications, and follow-up surveys, maintaining up-to-date templates and information, communicating with relevant program staff, accurately recording and retrieving information from the Gardens’ computer systems, and supporting education programs of all kinds, including but not limited to school programs, family programs, and adult education classes.
Career Type: Full-time
Compensation: $16.14 per hour
Education/Experience: Prior knowledge and previous experience is preferred, including an Associate’s degree and at least one year’s related experience with program registration or customer service tasks, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are required. Must be able to maintain accurate records, files, and schedules. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows-based systems and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to learn needed software & databases is required. Experience directing or communicating with school or other groups of children is preferable. Spanish-speaking desirable. Experience with school programs in museums, the arts, or other cultural institutions is desirable.
Essential Job Duties:
- Accurately record schedules, attendance, payments and other information for programs including, but not limited to, adult education, family programs and school programs.
- Set up, take down and arrange equipment, signs and materials before and after school group visits and other programs.
- Efficiently direct arriving school and youth groups and assist them to start their visit.
- During school visits, troubleshoot and problem-solve as an onsite contact. Maintain communication with program instructors, managers, and other Gardens’ employees to ensure quick responses to current developments.
- Schedule and book school groups within the department calendar and guidelines, using the Gardens’ shared software and resources. Respond to scheduling and registration requests or updates from school groups, following established guidelines and referring difficult or ambiguous cases or questions to other staff when appropriate.
- Issue reminders, surveys and other communications to registered groups and individuals in all program areas. Ensure that regular communications stay on schedule. Regularly communicate with program staff, alerting relevant individuals to feedback or new information.
- Maintain registration documents, templates and processes, including the accuracy of confirmations, reminders and other communications.
- Research and resolve disputes or problems regarding registrations within established guidelines.
- Follow departmental guidelines and policies, alerting management and program staff to relevant challenges or ambiguities.
- Organize, coordinate or complete assigned projects, meeting assigned deadlines and alerting coworkers to any disruptions or challenges discovered.
Other Job Duties:
- Assist Education Staff in preparing for and delivering high-quality programs.
- Assist the Office Coordinator in maintaining and monitoring supplies.
- Register partner organizations or other special audiences for specific programs as assigned.
- Work with all departments to assure the highest quality experience for all DBG visitors.
- Maintain satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers, and others.
- Maintain a positive, helpful, and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Benefits: Major benefits include a choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.Apply Here