Registration Staff—PT Variable
Art Students League of Denver
This part-time, non-exempt position reports to the Registration Staff Supervisor and offers customer service to ASLD’s community members, including: registering students in person or on the phone, answering questions, problem solving with faculty, models and artists, and maintaining ASLD’s database. This position collaborates with ASLD members, students, faculty, and staff. This position is intended to substitute and cover schedule gaps in the existing Registration Team schedule and will require a highly flexible schedule.
● Demonstrate the highest level of customer service/public relations with students, faculty, models, and visitors in person, over the phone and in email communication.
● Process registration transactions and other monetary transactions accurately. Reconcile transactions to accounting reports.
● Learn complex procedures quickly and with good retention.
● Coordinate with other staff to provide prompt, thorough solutions to complex problems as they arise.
● Make situational decisions based on sound judgment and in accordance with ASLD policies.
● Stay updated on ASLD policies and practices, and all ASLD classes, camps, workshops, and events.
● Assist customers with navigating the online registration process.
● Perform building opening and closing procedures.
● Actively promote ASLD Memberships.
● Assigned projects as needed.
● Frequent availability to substitute for other members of Registration Team with less than 24 hours notice.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● 2+ years customer service experience
● Must have 1+ years working with a CRM database
● Competent in using Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
● Working knowledge of computers and modern office practices and procedures
● Comfortable and accurate with data entry
● Thorough attention to detail
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities, and possess good time management skills
● Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend shifts
● Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public and to handle stressful situations
● Preferred: Working knowledge of art mediums and local community arts programs serving beginners to advanced
artists of all ages
● Passion for working with a diverse range of people
TIME REQUIRED: Averages 9-19 hours/week with a non-traditional schedule heavily weighted to evenings and weekends. This position will cover gaps in existing staffing schedule. Mon – Fri shifts are typically 4 – 6 hours, either opening, mid-shift, or closing between 7:45am – 9:30pm, Saturday/Sundays are 8 – 9 hours from 7:45am – 5pm. 2 – 3 mandatory days required in summer.
● The rate of pay for this position is $16.50 per hour.
● ASLD’s full-time and part-time employees are eligible to take courses or workshops at ASLD at no cost as a benefit of employment, after a break-even number of students is reached. Priority is given to paying students. Employees are required to pay for any material fees. Membership is not required for employees to take courses.
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references to with “ASLD PT Registration Staff applicant” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
NO phone calls or drop-ins please.
The Art Students League of Denver is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity and strives to be an inclusive organization. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Compensation: $16.50 per hour