Sales Associate I – PT
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Sales Associate I – PT
Where else do you get to look at rocks and dinosaurs, and then see an IMAX movie or visit the Planetarium – for free?
Only at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science!
Put your love for retail and customer service to good use and join the retail team part time at the Museum Shop! This position interacts directly with guests of all ages, both local and all over the world.
Must be willing to work a weekend shift and onsite. Benefits include sick time and a family membership.
- Interacts with guests and teammates in a friendly manner.
- Follow cleaning procedures and protocol.
- Answers customer’s questions, answers basic museum navigation questions as needed.
- Adheres to cash handling policies and compliance standards.
- Assists in other areas of the store such as clean-up, stocking and basic receiving.
- Works with teammate and managers to make the museum shop an enjoyable experience for everyone.
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience required.
- 1 years’ customer service required.
- 1 years’ experience handling cash required.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays required.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
Ideal candidate will have:
Perks of working at DMNS Include:
- Free DMNS Family+ Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Free RTD ECO pass
- American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
- And many more! Click HERE to view our perks and benefits webpage.
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by April 9, 2021. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.