Security Officer – FT Swing Shift
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Security Officer – Swing Shift
We are looking for a Swing Shift Security Officer to join our team! This position works between 4:00 pm – 12:00 am. This position is responsible for patrolling, observing and monitoring the Museum while reporting any irregularities or damages. The Security Officer is expected to complete reports that include recording observations, information and surveillance activities in and around the facility. The Security Officer ensures that our guests feel safe and comfortable at all times while providing exceptional customer service. In this position, you will work closely with other Security Officers, the Denver Police Department, museum staff, and guests of the museum.
The Security Officer position requires excellent customer service skills, as you will be working with a diverse community in our exciting traveling exhibits. This position will use observational skills while responding to incidents and assisting museum guests. There is additional training and future opportunities to expand your knowledge and duties within the Security Department.
Hiring Range: $13.53 – $16.38/hour
Pay rate: $16.00/hour
- Observes, patrols, monitors and controls access for Museum facility complex
- Reports safety and Security Discrepancies
- Immediately responds to and assists in the coordination of emergency incidents
- Remain calm during stressful situations
- Participates in crowd control
- Provides customer service
- High School or equivalent required
- Security experience required
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
Ideal candidate will have:
- Museum security experience
- Solid interpersonal skills to work with a diverse community.
- Experience in a Cultural Institution
- Certified Protection Professional ( CPO ) preferred
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by October 19, 2020. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.