Special Event Staff –Seasonal
Denver Botanic Gardens
Job Summary: This position provides support to the Events Department, housed at York Street. This position is an on-site contact for all assigned events including but not limited to weddings, receptions, public and corporate events; and works in a fast paced and dynamic environment. This position will help facilitate logistics of private and public events, as well as assisting with set up and breakdown when necessary. The job requires working weekends, evenings and some holidays in a variety of environments including, but not limited to indoors, outdoors, various weather conditions and non-air-conditioned spaces.
Career Type: Seasonal, Part-time
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year in the special event, catering, hotel or restaurant business preferred. Excellent organizational skills, extreme attention to detail plus excellent verbal and customer service. Ability to organize multiple events/priorities at same time. Must be able to communicate politely and clearly with clients and guests. Must be available and willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and some holidays and in a variety of environments including, but not limited to indoors, outdoors, various weather conditions and non-air-conditioned spaces.
Essential Job Duties:
- Serves as the on-site Special Event Staff and is present for the entirety of all assigned events and maintains a positive, pro-active, solution oriented demeanor when responding to or serving clients, members, colleagues, event professionals, and visitors.
- Helps set-up and breakdown elements of public events including but not limited to, signage, lighting, event supplies, linens, décor, and more.
- Ensures the safe and efficient over-site of events.
- Places directional signage for events and coordinates venue space closure and opening for private events.
- Checks post event venue spaces, if assigned, for trash and potential damage deposit deductions.
- Notifies senior management of any unusual circumstances, safety issues, and/or damages to the property.
- Ensures that all private events are set properly, per the clients’ contract, and any last-minute adjustments are incorporated to the satisfaction of the client.
- Ensures clients, caterers and event vendors abide by all Denver Botanic Gardens rules and reports any and all damage to the property of Denver Botanic Gardens to Private Events Team after the event.
- Troubleshoots any situation to the satisfaction of the client as much as possible.
Other Job Duties:
- Performs assigned duties, including but not limited to clearing phone lines and completing minor administrative duties, checks and coordinates deliveries are being sent to the correct locations, including but not limited to flowers, liquor, dance floors, tables and chairs. Keeps an accurate count of the number of attendees for each event.
- Maintains a satisfactory, positive working relationship with managers, co-workers, clients and others.
- Ensures all policies and procedures in the Events Department and Denver Botanic Gardens are adhered to.
- Works to ensure the highest quality of visitor experience
- Performs other duties as requested by management.