Special Projects Coordinator
The CELL’s (Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab) Special Projects Coordinator is responsible for researching, analyzing, interpreting and presenting data related to terrorism, homeland security, national security, community safety, and other information related to the field of counterterrorism. They are responsible for managing multiple and concurrent projects, both internally and externally for the CELL and oversee projects and programs in which the CELL plays an important role that require tact, timely and clear communication with other members of the team and third parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, research, develop, initiate, implement and manage projects to successful completion
- Deliver engaging and informative trainings, presentations and progress updates to a variety of groups both internally and externally
- Research and report upon topics related to domestic and international terrorism, homeland security, national security, global security, and community safety efforts
- Assist in the development, growth and implementation of the CELL’s award-winning, U.S. Department of Homeland Security SAFETY Act Certified Community Awareness Program® (CAP®)
- Develop measurable project goals, objectives, and timelines and monitor progress towards achievement, giving regular reports to management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners and stakeholders and leverage these networks to expand the CELL’s programs
- Provide timely communication to all key partners and stakeholders on all projects, and seek opportunities to connect them to other initiatives that the CELL provides
- Manage and coordinate activities of project team members inside and outside of the organization
- Staff the CELL exhibit and assist in exhibit tours as needed
- Contributes to the preparation of proposals and reports for various CELL projects
- Other related duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MA or two years equivalent experience preferred
- Subject matter knowledge of the political environment that surrounds the subjects of national and global security
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively deliver presentations and trainings to diverse audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster a strong working relationship with all CELL staff, as well as a large number of partners and clients through a variety of media and interpersonal contact
- Must be a highly organized self-starter, completing tasks individually and in teams
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Can manage deadlines and production scheduling on numerous, concurrent projects
- Ability to operate under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and find solutions to problems
- Fluency with the brand and products the CELL provides and capable of expressing them verbally to partners in a confident, compelling manner
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional
- Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Salesforce and Constant Contact experience is desirable
- Salary is commensurate with experience. The candidate must be available Monday-Friday and may be required to work some evenings and weekends to monitor program activities.
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume and cover letter to Assistant Director, Jordan Clark at email@example.com
- Every applicant is carefully reviewed, but please note that due to the large number of applications received for each position at the CELL, only candidates whose backgrounds most closely compliment the requirements of the position will be contacted directly.