Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
The Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone. The Arvada Center strives to create and maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all artists, actors, staff, volunteers, and patrons.
Reporting to the VP of Advancement, this position provides a wide range of database, administrative, and general support to the Arvada Center’s development team. This position also supports the President/CEO and Board of Directors of the Arvada Center.
Stewardship and Administrative Duties (80%)
- Manage the donor acknowledgment and fulfillment process to ensure accurate and timely donor communications; oversee creation of all acknowledgment letters/tax receipts, thank you cards for board members and fundraising committee, and holiday cards
- Ensure that all gifts are in appropriate or designated funds
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions for fundraising campaigns, providing appreciation and stewardship ideas
- Oversee all aspects Tessitura for the development team, including regular and custom queries and reports, list maintenance, institutional data entry, and other essential database functions
- Track progress and goals on behalf of the development department, working closely with the finance department on monthly reconciliation and with the VP of Advancement noting giving trends and projections to inform fundraising strategies
- Support the President/CEO and VP of Advancement by managing some aspects of their calendar and scheduling meetings as requested
- Attend all senior staff meetings and take notes for the team
- Support the Board of Directors by overseeing all meeting logistics, scheduling and supplies. Create monthly board agenda for executive committee, organize and compile monthly board packets and send them out, take board minutes and share with board
- Attend board committee meetings, take minutes, send out agendas and reminders as needed.
- Update and manage board website
- Work closely with the fundraisers to pull segmented lists for various appeal campaigns; provide lists and segmentation strategies for online communications
- Order all development supplies including donor gifts, promotional materials, recognition plaques, etc.
- Manage the Name-a-Seat program
- Troubleshoot data and systems questions and proactively identify process issues and suggest solutions
- Build monthly, annual, multi-year major gift and board pledges in Tessitura
- Pull monthly and weekly fundraising reports for development meetings, fundraising committee meetings, and board meetings
- Perform other reasonable development and administrative duties as assigned
Arts for All Gala Support (20%)
- Attend all gala planning meetings throughout the year and work with a volunteer planning committee
- Help with silent auction and donor acknowledgement
- Seat donors and managing the ticketing process for check-in.
- Provide support at the event
Skills and Competencies
- Passionately supports, understands and can communicate the Arvada Center’s mission
- 2-3 years data management/administrative experience, or other relevant business experience
- Strong business and analytic skills and technical aptitude
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing essential database functions, including gift transactions, reports, and acknowledgements using Tessitura strongly preferred
- Ability to produce quantitative and qualitative reports
- Able to analyze problems and propose effective solutions
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work with various personalities
- Highly organized, self-starter
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Able to accept supervision and direction as required
- Ability to communicate tactfully and patiently with both internal and external constituents
- Works effectively with all levels of staff; team player
- Flexible and adaptable style
This is a full time, non-exempt position earning an annualized salary range of $40,000-$45,000, in addition to a benefit package including health, dental, vision insurance plans, term life and accident policies, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending plan, paid time off, and more.
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Send an email with your resume and cover letter as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put the job title in the subject line of your email. *Note, applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Vaccination required for hire.
Compensation: $40,000-$45,000 annually