Summer Camp Coordinator
Swallow Hill Music Association
Swallow Hill Music is a nonprofit community for musicians and music lovers who appreciate the ability of music to bring people together. As a home for individuals and families who want to learn about, listen to and perform music, we invite everyone to connect and experience music in their own way. Swallow Hill Music hosts exceptional musical experiences throughout the community, focusing on the presentation of world-class artists who enrich the local arts scene and range from noteworthy local performers to up-and-coming and seasoned national and international acts. Our music school welcomes students into an inclusive community where they make social connections through music. We are dedicated to bringing the joy of music to life every day.
The Swallow Hill Music Summer Camp Coordinator plays an integral role in the success of Swallow Hill Music’s Summer offerings for young people, providing a positive patron experience for them and their families. As the point person for all camp participants and their parents, patrons will work with the Summer Camp Coordinator as soon as they walk in the door. The Summer Camp Coordinator will be a self-starter, highly detailed, and able to coordinate multiple moving parts.
The Summer Camp Coordinator is a seasonal position that starts mid-May 2023 and concludes mid-August 2023. Full-time 8:30-5:30pm M-F camp coverage during camp weeks throughout June, July and ending on August 11th. On Fridays, camp coverage ends at 3:30pm (no after care, just cleanup/wrapup). There are no camps during the week of June 19-23, June 26-July 21, July 3-7, July 17-21.
- Be the point person for camp teachers and parents during camp hours.
- Responsible for camper check-in and check-out as well as after-camp care.
- Participate in orientation, CPR First Aid training, and collecting registration paperwork including any relevant medical information.
- Oversee camper check-in and instructor sign-in each morning of camp
- Supervise students and volunteers during lunch-time and recess trips to the park.
- Prepare materials for activities and provide backline as requested by teachers.
- Post-camp day cleanup in Cafe and classrooms.
- Supervise guest performers and volunteers in coordination with the School Director and Volunteer Manager.
- Coordinate and execute camp communication to parents.
- Procure camp supplies and snacks including tee shirts.
- Work with students and teachers during times of reasonable behavior concerns and involve School administration if needed.
- Book building rooms for scheduling.
The Summer Camp Coordinator will also be responsible for other camp-related duties, as assigned.
- Values diversity and contributes to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills and capacity to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Excellent interpersonal, sales and customer service skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Point of Sale Systems.
Education and Experience:
- Two years related experience required working with and leading students aged 6-18.
- Experience working with elementary aged students preferred
- Experience coordinating volunteers, events, or programs preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times while moving heavy music gear.
Swallow Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Swallow Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or programming.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter,resume, and references to email@example.com with “Summer Camps Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Compensation: $18-$21 per hour