Summer Camp Educator – PT Temporary
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Summer Camp Educator – Temporary
Be a Catalyst! If you love inspiring curiosity for science in kids ages 4-12 and want to do it in an informal and fun environment then working at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science Camps may be for you! Camp educators host and provide high quality, engaging and fun Museum camp programs at Day Camps for approximately 30 kids at a time.
- Education – Inspire camp participants. Present dynamic and fun content from DMNS activity plans in the unique informal setting of the Museum and using Museum resources. Be flexible and respond to interests of the group.
- Professionalism – Represent the Museum to the highest standard demonstrating Museum values of respect, integrity, excellence, learning, and great science. Act as an ambassador of the Museum at all times to peers, parents, teachers, attendees, and museum staff and volunteers. Work collaboratively with co-educators and camp coordinators to ensure smooth operations and exceptional customer service.
- Organization – Use provided activity plans to prepare collaboratively with co-educator, prepare duties for teen volunteers, communicate with camp coordinators to ensure program needs are met, gather and prepare supplies for crafts, art projects and/or experiments, ensure that crafts and/or experiments are set and cleaned up after each class.
- Yearlong Opportunities – Support education team at the Museum in providing unique science experiences in regular programming year-round including workshops, overnights, and other camps.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year experience as an educator in formal or informal environment required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Available some weeknights or weekends in April and May.
- Available Monday-Friday June 1 – August 14.
Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Time and classroom management, dynamic teaching methods/delivery, and problem solving.
- Proven record of effective informal teaching skills. Solid ability to impart knowledge in a non-traditional or informal education environment.
- Excellent ability to be flexible, project enthusiasm, empathy and patience.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Teaching degree is beneficial, not required.
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Part-Time Perks & Benefits
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Payroll Direct deposit up to 3 accounts
- Annual allotment of Museum vouchers
- Free RTD ECO pass
- Alternative transportation (ECOmmute) rewards program
- Secure free underground parking
- Secure bicycle storage
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free Admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, and The Denver Botanic Gardens
- Discounts at the Museum’s Trex café, Grab & Go, and the gift shop
- Discounts on Museum Membership
- On-site activities
- Discounted memberships to the YMCA
- Verizon Wireless discount
This is a temporary position that will end on 8/16/2020.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by January 19, 2020. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s Website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.