Summer Outreach Teaching Artist (Drama)
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
Job Title: Summer Outreach Teaching Artist (Drama)
Reports To: School Programs Coordinator
Status: Part Time Temporary
The purpose of the Teaching Artist position is to serve as the lead facilitator of dramatic arts workshops on behalf of the School Programs division of the Arvada Center. Teaching Artists conduct arts workshops based on provided curriculum to students Pre-K -6th grade. These workshops are available to students as outreach programs at schools, libraries, camps and other offsite locations at various times Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00am – 4:00 pm.
Job Knowledge – Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Instruct arts workshops according to Arvada Center lesson plans and predetermined curriculum
- Serve as lead instructor for each assigned, 1 hour workshop
- Communicate with School Programs Coordinator in a timely manner on availability and schedule
- Arrive 10 minutes before workshop is scheduled to begin to prepare materials and review plans
- Attend and participate in all required meetings and trainings, including professional development trainings
- Exhibit strong organization skills, reliability, and flexibility
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, patrons, and general public in a cooperative and positive manner as a representative of the Arvada Center
Scope of Authority:
Receives general supervision under the direction of the School Programs Coordinator.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
This position requires moderate physical activity including walking and occasional lifting when transporting supplies needed for off site programs. Work is performed in both outdoor and indoor, as well as community and school environments.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Must possess prior teaching experience (informal or classroom) and enjoy working with children
- Applicants should be highly organized, reliable, flexible, and enthusiastic about arts education
- A passion for creativity, ability to focus on process over product, and a strong understanding of the needs of children ages 4-14
- Basic knowledge of a variety of art, teaching, and classroom management techniques
- A background check and valid Colorado driver license required for outreach instructors
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants should include arts area(s) of expertise and summer availability.
The position will remain open until filled.
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is requiring all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. If hired, new employees will be required to follow this mandate. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender expressions and sexual identities, and from persons living with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
Salary Range: $60 per 1-hour workshop