Supervisor, Community Evaluation (Bilingual)
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Supervisor, Community Evaluation (Bilingual)
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position. Additional $1/hour for bilingual skills.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is hiring a Supervisor to join our Community Research & Collaboration team! This position supports the Museum’s need for research & evaluation by supervising and maintaining the Research Assistants. Additionally, this position’s focus is conducting baseline evaluation studies that help the Museum better understand our community by drafting questions for benchmarking studies as well as communicating with key stakeholders. The projects are diverse and we work and respond rapidly to the needs of our colleagues. No two days are ever the same!
Supervises: 30 episodic Research Assistants
Onsite work: 2 days remote, 3 days onsite weekly.
- Creates surveys for baseline studies to be reviewed with the Manager of Community Research and Collaboration and leads meetings with the project teams.
- Reviews survey language for accuracy and consistency in both English and Spanish
- Ensures proper data collection and data entry coverage for all research projects and ensures that Research Assistants are adequately trained and fully knowledgeable about projects.
- Hires, provides direction, communicates job expectations, and provides ongoing training and feedback for the Research Assistant team to ensure professional development and success.
- Ensures staff is completing all mandatory training, daily tasks, and short and long-term projects, and ensures high employee engagement
- Assists with a variety of administrative needs including scheduling meetings, administering team accounts, working with translation services, and maintaining evaluation materials.
- Stays abreast of Museum policies, and participates in all-staff meetings, DEAI Town Halls, and Employee Engagement Team events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-year experience conducting quantitative and qualitative social science research and/or evaluation required. Years of experience can include professional, internship, and coursework experience.
- 2 years of experience supervising staff is required.
- Occasional travel to/from conferences and meetings, in and out of state required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite as well as web-enabled applications required.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish required.
- The Museum loves science. As a science institution, the Museum believes in the science behind vaccines. As a condition of employment, employees must present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on their first day of employment or receive an exemption or other reasonable accommodation due to circumstances protected under federal or state law that prevent the employee from being vaccinated. If you wish to apply for an exemption, please contact Human Resources for the necessary forms. You will be notified of the decision regarding your requested exemption.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience doing evaluation in a Museum or informal learning environment
- Experience working with large project teams
- Experience writing protocols and training data collectors on research projects
- Experience prioritizing and balancing multiple projects
- Experience with performance management
- Strong written communication skills
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative, and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, and the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. 100% paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Paid time off for vacation, sickness, and holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and, after one year of employment, an employer contribution and match. An RTD Eco pass and a free Family+ membership to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
Dayforce Wallet: Get your pay as soon as you earn it, at no cost to you. Request up to 50% of your net earnings without waiting for the standard payday, through the Dayforce Wallet mobile app.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Sunday, December 4, 2022. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website:
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status. The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Compensation: $26.00/hour + $1.00/hour for bilingual skills