Theatrical Audio Engineer
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
Theatrical Audio Engineer
Length of Engagement: ASAP-June 30, 2023
The Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone. The Arvada Center strives to create and maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all artists, actors, staff, volunteers, and patrons.
Reporting to the Audio Director, this position works with the production team to perform various audio reinforcement duties in support of live theatrical, musical, and related productions.
- Operating and programming small to large format mixing consoles–both analog and digital–such as Yamaha PM3500s and Yamaha PM1Ds
- Sound mixing for technical rehearsals and performances of theatrical, music, and/or public address presentations
- Preparing and troubleshooting wireless lavalier microphones daily for large musicals
- Operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting wireless microphones, outboard sound processors, speakers, and amplifiers
- Maintaining and caring for audio equipment
- Setting up and Loading-in/out audio equipment for theatrical, musical, and public address events
- Wiring and creating practical sound appliances for use in theatrical environments
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Experience mixing fast-paced musical theater productions with approximately 10-40 lavalier microphones
- Familiarity with Figure 53 QLab software
- General knowledge of DAW-based recording software preferred
- Ability to climb ladders or stairs and stand or move for long periods of time
- Aptitude for learning and operating in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to safely move heavy objects (20+ lbs. regularly, 50+ lbs. occasionally)
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
This is a part time, non-exempt position earning $18 per hour for 30-40 hours per week for the duration of the seasonal agreement, in addition to Medical and Vision insurance plans, paid sick time and 3 floating holidays. This position has the possibility to transition to full time based on performance.
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.