Venue and Experience Manager – Camp Christmas
Denver Center for the Performing Arts
The Denver Center for the Performing Arts (DCPA) is one of the largest non-profit theatre organizations in the nation, presenting Broadway tours and producing theatre, cabaret, musicals, and innovative, immersive experiences. In its last full season the DCPA engaged 892,000 visitors and generated nearly $131 million economic impact in ticket sales alone. Additionally, DCPA Education engaged nearly 142,000 students of all ages through classes, in-school programs, and student matinees.
“We engage and inspire through the transformative power of live theatre.”
For more than 40 years, creativity and community have been the foundation of the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ success. As a leading cultural organization in the Rocky Mountain West, we are actively participating in a cultural evolution of belonging and anti-racism. Our commitment to reflect the diversity and priorities of our community — in our workplace, audience and programming — has never been more present. We believe that the theater can transform us — and be transformed by us. We invite you to be part of our Team.
Supervise Attendants and Volunteers while making a good first impression to visitors as the initial point of contact for Camp Christmas. Be a welcoming representative of Camp Christmas by greeting, reviewing tickets, directing visitors to displays, providing information about interactives and initiating conversations about the art and experience.
This position operates out of the Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park, Lakewood, CO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises scheduled Attendants and volunteers, ensuring a positive patron experience throughout the experience. Steps in to handle unruly patrons or difficult conversations as necessary.
- Supervises guest experience. Ensures visitors and staff follow safety rules and policies of Camp Christmas and Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park regarding parameters for food and drink in the exhibit, photography and current social distancing guidelines.
- Coordinates with Camp Christmas Box Office Team to resolve ticketing issues.
- Prepares, distributes and files daily reports and incident reports in timely manner. Communicates with supervisor any and all incidents.
- Act as Incident Commander for all emergency situations, coordinating with Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park Security, Emergency Services and Supervisor, until Emergency Responders arrive. This may include medical, evacuations and shelter in place situations. Renders First Aid and CPR if necessary.
- Maintains confidentially of proprietary and personal information.
- Know, understand and be ready to cover attendant responsibilities as needed.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the experience, as determined by supervisor.
- Demonstrated commitment to engage people of various ages, backgrounds and abilities in past work.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally, courteously and effectively with a wide range of visitors including volunteers, staff, contractors, subscribers and guests.
- Proficiency to remain professional, composed and effective under pressure.
- Project a positive attitude towards the organization and co-workers, and ensure that actions, appearance, attitude and attendance are at a level that serves as a positive example.
- Ability to fill out forms accurately and completely.
- Able to take command of a situation and speak in front of groups of people.
- Ability to resolve customer service concerns using reasoning and public relations skills in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- CPR certified and first responder skills preferred
- Previous experience working in a cultural facility with culturally diverse personnel and patrons preferred
- Emergency situation training preferred.
Yes. Supervise Attendants and Volunteers.
This position operates out of the Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park. It is an outdoor/indoor experience; as an Attendant you will be outside for the majority of your shift. The Camp Christmas environment includes various projections, illuminated historic artifacts and a carnival like atmosphere. This position is 95% customer facing. There is often a steady stream of people and face to face interactions are consistent throughout entire scheduled shift.
Must be able to physically move quickly through the Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park and the Camp Christmas experience, running, walking, bending, stooping, and standing, reading tickets in various forms, being outside for majority of shift and using technology including computers, and radios with earpieces. All staff is required to wear face masks when interacting with guests.
Compensation– $20.00 per hour
Hiring Process- Zoom call with hiring manager; Follow-up Zoom call as needed; Virtual training; On-Site Training
PLEASE NOTE: The Denver Center for the Performing Arts has implemented a COVID-19 requirement, all employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their start date, and wear a face mask when interacting with guests.
In order to provide high quality, culturally competent care to our patrons, students, guests and team members, it is of highest importance that our hiring practices reflect our values by offering an environment that celebrates diversity and embraces inclusion. All of our team members – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, language, abilities/disabilities, socioeconomic status, geographic region, or other defining characteristics – should feel welcome and valued.
Compensation: $20.00 per hour