Venue Sales Associate
Denver Botanic Gardens
About Denver Botanic Gardens: Green inside and out, Denver Botanic Gardens was founded in 1951 and is considered one of the top botanical gardens in the United States and a pioneer in water conservation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, The Gardens has a robust living plant collection, natural history collection and art collection along with temporary art exhibitions. The Gardens is a dynamic, 24-acre urban oasis in the heart of the city, offering unforgettable opportunities to flourish with unique garden experiences for the whole family – as well as world-class exhibitions, education, and plant conservation research programs.
For more information, visit us online at www.botanicgardens.org.
Denver Botanic Gardens is currently seeking a Full Time Venue Sales Associate at our Chatfield location! Read below to see if the requirements might be a good fit for you:
The Venue Sales Associate is a brand ambassador for the Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms representing our unique offerings to all guests and prospective clients. This position provides support to the Private Events Department in a fast paced and dynamic environment in the capacity of an on-site contact for all assigned events. This includes but is not limited to weddings, receptions, social, corporate and internal events. In addition to working all assigned events, this position will be responsible for leading sales tours of the facility, assisting with the implementation of departmental sales strategies and moving assigned sales leads through each stage of the sales process, from initial inquiry to close and successful completion of the event.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a brand ambassador for the Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms representing our unique offerings to all guests and prospective clients.
- Serves as an on-site venue representative and is present for the entirety of all assigned functions/rentals.
- Completes established sales goals.
- Executes running and submitting event leads, sales and commission reports regularly.
- Completes on-site sales tours and making off-site sales calls.
- Moves assigned sales leads through each stage of the sales process through successful completion of the event.
- Produces regular sales and commission reports.
- Cultivates and maintains positive and professional client relationships.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries on a daily basis.
- Ensures meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Ensures the safe and efficient oversight of assigned clients’ events.
- Position requires some support with set up and clean-up of events and may include heavy lifting at times.
- Notifies on-site security or senior management of any unusual circumstances/safety issues that may occur.
- Ensures all set ups for the events are correct.
- Checks and coordinates deliveries are being sent to the correct locations, including but not limited to flowers, liquor, dance floors, tables, chairs, food, and catering.
- Writes event wrap-up reports and documents all damage to the property of Denver Botanic Gardens to the Manager of Venue Sales and Implementation within the next business day after the event.
- Completes trouble shooting any situation to the satisfaction of the client as much as possible without much on-site supervision.
- Ensures clients, as well as clients, vendors, and guests, abide by all Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms rules from set up through post-event inspection.
- Provides communication to the seasonal team to ensure all set-up requests are filled to the satisfaction of the client.
- Meets with clients as needed, check in clients for events, work with vendors and seasonals to ensure a successful event from start to finish.
- Maintains a positive, proactive solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving clients, members and visitors.
- Maintains a satisfactory, positive working relationship with managers, co-workers, clients, and others.
- Ensures all policies and procedures at Chatfield Farms are adhered to.
- Works to ensure the highest quality of visitor experience.
- Regular attendance at the worksite may be required. As with all positions at Denver Botanic Gardens, the incumbent must be in good performance standing to be eligible for remote work. Remote work is at the discretion of management at all times.
- All Gardens employees must be committed to the mission of connecting people with plants, especially plants from the Rocky Mountain region and similar regions around the world, providing delight and enlightenment to everyone.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Knowledge of account management.
- Knowledge in achieving revenue goals including on-site and off-site sales calls.
- Must have proven excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills in dealing with the public.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and able to deal well with stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to modify plans when necessary, throughout the day.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and Teams.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be a positive representative of the Gardens both internally and externally at all times.
- Must work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and the public.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Bachelors degree and/or combination of education and equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in private event coordination and private event sales.
- A minimum 1 year of sales experience is required, and 1 year of corporate or wedding sales preferred.
Up to 10% travel required. Requires the ability to travel to remote locations (or other Garden locations) where environment may vary significantly.
Denver Botanic Gardens has an incredible benefits package for eligible employees!
Our major benefits include a choice of Medical Plans, a Dental and Vision Plan and Life Insurance Plan. We have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a Healthcare Spending Account (HSA).
The Gardens offers a generous Retirement Savings Plan with Company contribution of 6% after one year of service for eligible participants.
The Gardens also offers paid holidays, vacation, sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an RTD ECO pass.
For eligible employees, The Gardens employment also includes a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens Membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
Come work for a place that offers you SO much more than just a paycheck!
Compensation: $21.19 - $23.10 Per Hour + Up to $30K Commission