Visitor Services Associate – Denver Location
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Job Title: Visitor Services Associate
Job Location: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, 7711 East Academy Blvd., Denver. CO
Department: Visitor Services
FLSA Status: Part-time (up to 29 hours per week)
Job Summary: Wings Over the Rockies is seeking dynamic and energetic individuals who can help provide a welcoming and positive experience for all museum guests. This position exists to enhance the visitor experience by welcoming, informing, processing, and guiding museum guests from their entrance to exit at both facilities. Must be willing and available to work diverse schedules, including weekdays, weekend days, holiday, and evenings. Fluent in conversational Spanish is a plus.
In this role, you will:
- Greet each museum visitors, including members, paid and invited guests, groups, event clientele, and vendors.
- Represent the museum to the public in a welcoming, energetic, professional, and friendly manner.
- Supports policies for internal and external customer service; models outstanding customer service at all times.
Provide efficient and accurate collection of fees; Make change and issues receipts to all paying visitors.
- Encourage and sell for simulators, museum retail store, and memberships/renewal opportunities to all guests and current members.
- Perform daily task lists at various locations as assigned; daily, weekly, monthly.
- Utilize “Point-of-Sale” system.
- Reconcile cash drawer at the end of each shift and prepares report of transactions.
- Operate various attractions including but not limited to simulators and VR.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Adhere to ride incident/accident reporting procedure.
- Ensure all rides and facilities operate properly, checklist done prior to opening, and address/resolve any issues as they arise.
- Maintain appropriate daily logs and daily record of all ride safety inspections, operating and maintenance checklists.
- Inspect the department locations through the eyes of the visitor looking and ensure that any irregularities are reported.
- Give tours of the museum to groups when short staffed or a docent is not available to give a tour.
- Communicate well and often with staff, guests, and volunteers.
- Handle disgruntled or upset customers or determine when it is appropriate for a senior manager to intervene.
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties; it may be amended within the nature of the job and/or department.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to walk 180,000 sq. ft. and/or stand up to 8 hours daily in cold and heat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift 50+ lbs.
- Minimum three months cashier experience and customer service role.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and time management skills; willingness to work as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software applications.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively in noisy, crowded situations.
- Self-motivated and capable of working individually and on a team.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
Working Conditions: Wings Over the Rockies operates in a 70 plus-year-old- aircraft hangar. Environmental conditions may vary.
To Apply: Please follow the link to apply for this position https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/293739/Wings-Over-The-Rockies-Air-Space-Museum/Visitor-Services-Associate—Denver-LocationApply Here