Visitor Services Associate Tues-Sat, Full Time
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Job Title: Visitor Services Associate
Job Location: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, 7711 East Academy Blvd., Denver. CO and Wings Over the Rockies Exploration of Flight, 13005 Wings Way, Englewood, CO 80112 (Secondary)
Department: Visitor Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Full Time
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Job Summary: Wings Over the Rockies is seeking dynamic and energetic individuals who can help provide a welcoming and positive experience for all museum guests. This position exists to enhance the visitor experience by welcoming, informing, processing, and guiding museum guests from their entrance to exit at both facilities. Must be willing and available to work diverse schedules, including weekdays, weekend days, holiday, and evenings. The Visitor Services Associate will report directly to the Visitor Services Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Creativity & Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the organization and department operations.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance museum and department effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Organization: set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Planning: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
In this role, you will:
- Greet each museum visitor, including members, paid and invited guests, groups, event clientele, and vendors.
- Represent the museum to the public in a welcoming, energetic, professional, and friendly manner.
- Supports policies for internal and external guest experience; models outstanding guest experience at all times.
- Encourage and sell for simulators, museum retail store, and memberships/renewal opportunities to all guests and current members.
- Promote various events, membership drives, promotions, and new exhibits to guests in a productive and informational manner.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Inspect the department locations through the eyes of the visitor, and ensure that any irregularities are reported.
- Give tours of the museum to groups when a docent is not available to give a tour.
- Help manage the traffic flow of visitors and engage with all guests entering the facility.
- Direct deliveries, vendors and event traffic.
- Assist with maintaining the museum store on a daily basis: restocking merchandise, reorganizing shelves, tidying displays.
- Communicate well and often with staff, guests, and volunteers.
- Become trained on how to effectively communicate and interact with people with disabilities and neurodivergent people; some shifts will be scheduled during Sensory Friendly hours and other events that require knowledge on proper etiquette and awareness of people with disabilities and neurodivergent people.
- Handle guest complaints or issues in a manner that ensures positive guest experience recovery, and communicate with managers if additional support is required.
- Perform daily task lists at various locations as assigned; daily, weekly, monthly.
- Provide efficient and accurate collection of fees; Make change and issues receipts to all paying visitors.
- Utilize “Point-of-Sale” system.
- Reconcile cash drawer at the end of each shift and prepare report of transactions.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Operate various attractions, including but not limited to simulators and VR (virtual reality).
- Adhere to ride incident/accident reporting procedure.
- Ensure all rides and facilities operate properly, checklist done prior to opening, and address/resolve any issues as they arise.
- Maintain appropriate daily logs and daily record of all ride safety inspections, operating and maintenance checklists.
- Uphold health and safety guidelines as established by the state of Colorado, city of Denver, and Wings Over the Rockies as they relate to covid-19. This includes wearing a mask at all times, cleaning and disinfecting work areas often, and maintaining social distancing. Furthermore, staff are responsible for enforcing the mask mandate towards our guests.
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties; it may be amended within the nature of the job and/or department.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to walk 180,000 sq. ft. and/or stand up to 8 hours daily in cold and heat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift 50+ lbs.
- Minimum six months cashier experience and guest experience role.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and time management skills; willingness to work as part of a team.
- Positive personality and exceptional customer service skills and initiative.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software applications.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively in noisy, crowded situations.
- Self-motivated and capable of working individually and on a team.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Conversational Spanish a plus.
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance for the employee
- Optional participation in Flexible Spending Account
- Optional participation in group retirement plan with discretionary match
- Optional participation in Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Coverage
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal leave
Working Conditions: Wings Over the Rockies operates in an aircraft hangar. The Air & Space Museum is open 7 days a week. Exploration of Flight is open Tuesday-Sunday, closed on Mondays. Standard workdays and hours will be Tuesday-Saturday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. On occasion must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business needs and events, including holidays and evenings. Environmental conditions may vary.
To Apply: Please follow the link to apply for this positionApply Here