Joining the SCFD family
Getting started with SCFD is easy. There are four simple steps. Apply for eligibility. Apply for funding. Use the funding. Report what you accomplished.
Step 1: Apply for Eligibility
Gaining official certification as an eligible organization is the first step to receiving funding. Click here to learn more.
Step 2: Apply for Funding
Eligible organizations can apply for funding in one county or multiple counties.
Learn more about the process
- How does the funding process work?
- Workshops & Deadlines
- What are County Cultural Councils?
- Grant Directions & Guidelines
What happens after my application is submitted?
- Cultural Councils review applications and interview organizations
- The councils recommend funding to their county leadership
- The SCFD board approves funding and grants are awarded
Step 3: Use the Funding
Once you receive your award, you have until December of the following year to spend those funds on the programming detailed in your grant application.
- Feel free to keep council members and SCFD staff informed regarding upcoming events in their counties
- Keep detailed attendance counts and county specific data throughout the year
- If your programming changes drastically for the grant proposal, you will need to get permission from the councils by filing a Change Request Form
Step 4: Report what you did with your grant and apply for funding again
The important final step in the SCFD funding process is submitting a final grant report that explains what your organization accomplished with the funds it received. These reports are important, because SCFD funding comes from taxpayer dollars and accountability for how that money was spent is critical.