Colorado Children’s Chorale
Primary Function: The Development Associate works with the Development Director on strategies and activities to raise $500,000+ annually in contributed income for the Chorale’s $2 million operating budget.
Reports to: Development Director
This is a salaried position, 40 hours per week with benefits
The Colorado Children’s Chorale receives a portion of its development budget from foundations, both local and national. The Chorale is fortunate to be the recipient of foundational grants, and it is imperative that we maintain those relationships while cultivating future opportunities. The primary responsibility of this position is grant management:
- In charge of all aspects of foundation and corporate grant funding including drafting and submitting grant proposals, drafting and submitting grant reports, and preparing acknowledgments
- Researches potential new foundation funders
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with foundation personnel
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Development Director to implement activities which identify, cultivate, and solicit donations from individuals and corporations.
- Assists in writing solicitation letters and accompanying materials, and works with vendors to ensure printing and delivery
- Assists with all activities associated with Colorado Gives Day and Community Shares of Colorado, including reporting and donor acknowledgments
- Assists with all fundraising and donor stewardship events, including registration, logistics and solicitation materials for corporate sponsors. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Represent the Chorale in a positive manner in the community with donors, vendors, sponsors, and event participants.
Digital Fundraising/Stewardship Presence
- Assists with social media accounts as needed
- Assists with crowdfunding campaigns
- Maintains online profile presence on third-party fundraising platforms
- Develop and administer online survey tool to periodically evaluate Chorale programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to anti-racism and equity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Ability to use and learn computer design programs (InDesign), web-based solicitation and prospecting tools and user interfaces, as well as willingness to participate on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and discretion; confidentiality is imperative
- Uses time efficiently, prioritizes and plans work activities; completes work in a timely manner.
Preferred Qualifications: College degree or equivalent commensurate experience, 2-3 years fundraising or marketing experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, grant writing experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Colorado Children’s Chorale is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We believe that having a board and staff with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates an environment where all members of our community can thrive. The Chorale does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Compensation: This is a full-time position with benefits. Annual Salary Range $52,000-$57,000.
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance available; 401K; paid vacation
Email a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and three professional references to the Colorado Children’s Chorale (include “Development Associate Application” in subject line) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Deadline for applications: August 6, 2021. If needed: Colorado Children’s Chorale, 2420 W. 26th Ave., Suite 350-D, Denver, CO 80211.Apply Here