Swallow Hill Music Association
About Swallow Hill:
For more than 40 years, Swallow Hill has presented and promoted concerts, offered music lessons, and provided music education in under-resourced communities. Based in Denver, we offer a unique suite of services:
- Live Performances: We produce live and live-streamed concerts, virtual open stage events and hootenannies. Musical genres produced on our stages include Americana and roots, as well as singer-songwriters, world music, family friendly, rock, bluegrass, classical, country, jazz, blues and spoken word.
- Acoustic Music Lessons: We’re the country’s second largest acoustic music school, providing in-person and online private lessons and classes. Our 40 teachers, all professional musicians, teach in an experiential style and specialize in stringed instruments, percussion, piano and voice. We teach all age groups, and our students range from beginners to accomplished musicians who are honing their skills. The wide variety of genres we teach include: Americana and roots, as well as bluegrass, folk, world music, jazz, blues, rock, country and pop.
- Community Outreach: Because we’re passionate about making music accessible, we offer music education and experiences in under-resourced communities. Our programming includes Little Swallows ECE music education for preschoolers, workshops and interactive performances in K-12 schools and music therapy for our aging population, veterans and people living with developmental or mental health challenges.
The Maintenance Technician at Swallow Hill will be responsible for performing work that will directly improve the experience of patrons and staff, maintain a safe environment, and ensure the upkeep and longevity of the building. The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Facilities Manager and will work in conjunction with them to assess the overall workload, determine scheduling, and obtain necessary materials needed to complete the work. The position requires some flexibility in schedule to accommodate building needs as they arise. This position will be scheduled to work Tuesday through Saturday.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all Swallow Hill staff and volunteers
- Daily walk-through and assessment of facility with a critical eye, identifying areas that need to be addressed
- Share observations with Facilities Manager so they may be calendared and tracked appropriately
- Notify Facilities Manager if items related to outside contractors (i.e. custodial) are not being taken care of appropriately
- Complete grounds work, which includes trash collection, sweeping sidewalks, cutting grass and parking lot clean-up
- Ongoing evaluation of tool, equipment and supply inventories, including restroom supplies
- Perform emergency repairs, when applicable
- Maintain positive working relationships with Swallow Hill staff, outside vendors and contractors, assessing work as it is being done and completed to ensure work is completed appropriately
- Maintain a clean and orderly maintenance room with organized record-keeping of materials and tools
- Participate in DEIA work at Swallow Hill, serving on one of the subcommittees within the larger DEIA group
- Maintain compliance with all local, city, state and federal health and safety requirements
- Manage maintenance needs of tenants in rental house, maintaining a good working relationship with tenants while doing so
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Google Suite
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to able to work with limited or no supervision and complete tasks well and in a timely manner
- Ability to be welcoming to building guests
- Familiarization with workplace safety practices
- Ability to keep a clean and organized work area
- Ability to be accommodating to other employees in the building who are working in the same area
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of three years of maintenance experience, including an understanding of and skill in the following: drywall repair, HVAC maintenance, light electrical and plumbing, and general repair knowledge
- Background in construction trades is preferred
- Ability to safely utilize hand and power tools for repair and maintenance
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, standing, climbing and walking
- Must be comfortable with heights up to 20’, utilizing ladders, and working on rooftops
- Must be able to work on the ground and in tight spaces
- Must be able to bend and lift
- Must be able to do physical work for several hours
- Occasionally required to work under inclement weather conditions
Swallow Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Swallow Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation: $20-$23 per hour