You can help.
At the SCFD, which funds art, culture and science in our seven-county metro area through a small sales tax, we are encouraging our funded organizations to put public health first and are ensuring that general operating support for the nearly 300 groups we fund continues. Voters created this resource 30 years ago and have approved continuing it three additional times. We will keep the faith with them.
When the threat of this virus has passed, we’ll need our arts and cultural organizations strong and ready to provide us with the wonder that feeds our souls. If you can help make that happen, we urge you to join us in doing it.
Here are some ways you can help:
- If you have tickets to an event that is cancelled, consider donating the cost of your ticket to the organization, rather than asking for a refund.
- Consider if your family is able to make an outright donation to one of your local arts organizations. Pick a theater you love or a gallery you frequent or a music group you have heard, visit their website and give a gift. We have resources to help you locate organizations.
- Consider making a donation to The Denver Actors Fund, The Actors Fund, Musicians Foundation and The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation or another non-profit of your choice.
- Give to a local, crowd-funded artist relief effort like Denver Metro Area Artist Relief Fund and the Colorado Artist Relief Fund.
- Buy gift certificates from your favorite arts organizations and use them to purchase the experiences you love in the future.