Director of Marketing
Swallow Hill Music Association
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Classification: Full-time Exempt , with medical, dental, vision, 401K and accrued vacation and sick time.
Compensation: $65K – $80K
About Swallow Hill:
For more than 40 years, Swallow Hill has presented and promoted concerts, offered music lessons, and provided music education in under-resourced communities. Based in Denver, we offer a unique suite of services:
- Live Performances: We produce live and live-streamed concerts, virtual open stage events and hootenannies. Musical genres produced on our stages include Americana and roots, as well as singer-songwriters, world music, family friendly, rock, bluegrass, classical, country, jazz, blues and spoken word.
- Acoustic Music Lessons: We’re the country’s second largest acoustic music school, providing in-person and online private lessons and classes. Our 40 teachers, all professional musicians, teach in an experiential style and specialize in stringed instruments, percussion, piano and voice. We teach all age groups, and our students range from beginners to accomplished musicians who are honing their skills. The wide variety of genres we teach include: Americana and roots, as well as bluegrass, folk, world music, jazz, blues, rock, country and pop.
- Community Outreach: Because we’re passionate about making music accessible, we offer music education and experiences in under-resourced communities. Our programming includes Little Swallows ECE music education for preschoolers, workshops and interactive performances in K-12 schools and music therapy for our aging population, veterans and people living with developmental or mental health challenges.
The Director of Marketing reports to the CEO and is responsible for Swallow Hill’s marketing, branding and communications. The Director oversees the development and delivery of a fully-integrated marketing strategy for Swallow Hill. To this end, the Director manages an internal staff, works with an agency, and across departments as a member of Swallow Hill’s leadership team. The Director serves as an ambassador of Swallow Hill with external stakeholders and across the community.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Create and manage an annual expense budget, with corresponding goals and outcomes.
- Develop marketing strategies and tactics to market Swallow Hill’s programs (Concerts, School, Community Outreach and Development) in order to help meet earned and contributed revenue goals.
- Manages all agency relationships and drives excellence in tactical execution to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism in all communications and materials.
- Maintain longitudinal tracking of patron satisfaction.
- Improve patron and brand understanding, identifying actionable questions and tools to answer those questions.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust strategies to meet changing market conditions.
- Collect and analyze data to measure effectiveness and impact of marketing tactics and adjust strategy and tactics accordingly.
- Values diversity and contributes to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- High level of leadership and fiscal management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Comfortable utilizing remote meeting & video conferencing technology such as Zoom.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- Minimum of five years of experience in marketing or communications.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Swallow Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Swallow Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com by Friday, 25 June. No phone calls, please.Apply Here