Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting organization that is always changing and never stale? Are you an energetic and dynamic manager who inspires collaboration in your colleagues and partners? Then this is the position for you! We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team! Someone who enjoys building genuine and authentic connections, can adapt quickly to new circumstances and have an open-minded, resourceful approach to obstacles. Do you have the courage and confidence to collaborate with others and yet make hard decisions when necessary? Can you use imagination and the actual hands-on-skills to understand our brand’s strengths? If this sounds like you, then apply now!
Develop and implement marketing and promotional plans targeting diverse audiences for a variety of Museum programs and services in conjunction with departmental strategic plans by creating goals and objectives that meet business needs and initiatives. Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies. Manage the Museum’s brand including implementing brand awareness campaigns, setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision, value proposition for short as well as long term, brand audits, staff training and management of internal brand ambassadors. Lead the development, design and publication of marketing collateral, reports, brochures, postcards, bookmarks and flyers in conjunction with internal and/or external designers and other staff. Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gains insight and assesses against goals for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies.
- Lead by example, embodying and furthering our passionate, dedicated, innovative and ambitious team.
- Create comprehensive marketing communication plans & manage implementation of campaigns for myriad Museum products
- Manage and collaborate with all internal Museum departments to develop creative communications for membership, development, education, catering/events and general Museum brand
- Inspire collaboration across organization and externally with vendors and partners
- Media planning, buying, and placement of all advertising (print, digital, TV, radio, outdoor, and guerrilla) for each marketing campaign sometimes working with a media buying agency
- Serve as a primary liaison to internal clients and external vendors ensuring that all materials are consistent with overall Museum branding and design standards
- Foster key partner relationships with a variety of community organizations to further promote the Museum’s image as the top educational and entertainment venue of Denver
- Develop and implement annual advertising plans that support the overall strategic plan and special programs including ad buys, ad concepts, budget tracking, measurement and performance.
- Manage the work of professional staff members engaged in the design, preparation, and production of marketing and promotional programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5 years’ experience in advertising and sales promotion required.
- 2 years’ supervisory experience required.
- Some early morning/evening/weekend work required.
- Some travel required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Advertising agency experience
- Ability to take the initiative, work with minimal supervision, is flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking and the ability to navigate multiple projects and priorities at once
- Public/media/social media relations experience and an understanding of social media channels and other digital platforms
- Supervision experience of graphic designers
- Ability to establish priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work and collaborate with a diverse group of people
- Spanish language fluency
Perks and benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free DMNS Family Plus membership plus free admission to all Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) across the country
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Free RTD ECO pass
- Alternative transportation (ECOmmute) rewards program
- On-site activities (run club, yoga, Spanish language)
- American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
- And many more!
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by January 30, 2020. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.