ANNUAL GIVING MANAGER
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Annual Fund
- Ensure Annual Fund qualification, renewal, and upgrade mailing campaigns run according to strict deadlines and that cash flows consistently meet weekly projections.
- Lead project management across IT and Marketing departments regarding in-house and out of house bulk mailings, along with management of related telethon funding through in-house call center.
- Strategize on the most effective messaging and specific timing of campaigns appeals throughout the year, in maximizing reach and revenue from all segments; including upgrades, renewals, lapsed donors and acquisitions. Includes budgeting
- Manage portfolios of individual donors who give annually less than $2,000.
- Cultivate existing and identify new relationships with the intent of growing and expanding the donor base. This includes prospects for all Advancement campaigns, including Annual Fund, Colorado Symphony Ball, Women of Note, and Colorado Symphony Education Programs.
- Cultivation phone calls to all renewal donors below the $2K annual contribution level during monthly renewal periods throughout the year with the goal of upgrading them.
- Assist in donor benefits delivery.
- Committee Management
- Assist in establishing fundraising goals and expectation for committees and individual members. Act as a liaison between the members and the administration and Advancement resource tool for members.
- Colorado Gives Day
- Manage Colorado Gives profile and effectively launch and manage a yearly campaign related to Colorado Gives Day.
- Work directly with Marketing to promote Colorado Gives Day through all available channels, including email, social media, and print.
- Event Production and Coordination
- Work with the Advancement Coordinator, Orchestra Personnel Manager and musicians to develop production plans that align with event structure and goals.
- Work closely with the Advancement Coordinator to ensure accurate event attendance tracking, catering and/or alcohol needs, and musician coordination for all donor events.
- Liaise with vendors on event-related matters.
- Staff the Colorado Symphony Ball with the Advancement team.
Internal Business Operation
- Work with Advancement and other departments to identify funding opportunities and efficiency improvements that support CSA programs and revenue goals.
6. Budget and Planning
- Follows the department’s budget in accordance with guidelines set by the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Prepares check/payment requests for all budgeted
7. Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends concerts of the orchestra
- Is knowledgeable of current and upcoming concert schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Education: Applicant should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: A minimum of 3-years’ experience with donor relationships.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage meetings
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, in person and phone, with patrons, trustees, staff, and volunteers.
- Detailed oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Consistent professionalism at the highest level with great donor sensitivity.
- High degree of flexibility in response to daily shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated success in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies with knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas, as well as autonomously managing projects.
- Knowledge of the Colorado Symphony’s season programs and offerings.
- Ability to create and improve operational efficiency.
- Able to work in a faced paced environment
- Experience in non-profit performing arts industry preferred
- Background in classical music preferred.
- Equipment to be used: Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft software including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Access. Tessitura & SharePoint knowledge preferred.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to handle the physical demands commensurate with an active administrative position and concert schedule including lifting to 25 lbs. of equipment.
Transportation: Personal vehicle necessary to transport equipment to off-site events.
Availability: Evening and weekend hours required from time to time.
TO APPLY: Send resume to email@example.com and reference “Manager of Annual Giving” in subject line. Due to the large volume of resumes, no phone calls please.
The Colorado Symphony Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Here