Frequent Flyers Aerial Dance
Frequent Flyers® Aerial Dance Education Director
Frequent Flyers Aerial Dance (FFAD) is a Boulder, Colorado, non-profit aerial dance organization. The Education Director is core to the vision of growth and sustainability for this organization. The Education Director will have primary responsibility for planning, executing and managing the education program, including Community Classes, and Outreach Programs. The Education Director will work closely with the Business Manager and the Artistic Director on matters of Mission and Pedagogy.
The Education Director will be expected to track and analyze, in collaboration with the Executive Team, the key metrics and goals for the Education Program. These will likely include, but may not be limited to, increase FFAD’s ability to meet the needs of a diverse student body, growth in class and program utilization, increase understanding of the student body in support of our fundraising efforts and targeted program expansion.
The annual salary range is $45,000-55,000 for this full-time position. Benefits include a health insurance stipend, paid holidays, sick leave and PTO as outlined in the Employee Handbook. Hours are flexible, but will include some regular evenings (ideally 1 – 9pm) and some weekends.
Start date: Immediate.
- Works with FFAD staff and contractors to direct and manage the education and outreach programming at FFAD.
- Plan and envision the structure and scope of professional training at FFAD.
- Community Classes: manage class schedule, managing contract-based teachers, serving as a main point of contract for FFAD students, parents and instructors.
- Outreach Program: Provide direction and guidance to the Community Outreach Manager.
- Student Companies: Provides direction and assistance to the Student Company Manager.
- Private Lessons and Parties: Schedules space and instructors. Coordinates waivers for attendees.
- Communicates with the Executive Staff and Board regarding the education program, including statistics on enrollment and outreach activities.
- Ensures that curriculum is consistent with FFAD teaching goals, and that programming decisions are made consistently with the Mission and Vision of the organization.
- Works with the Business Manager to develop and manage budgets for all education programs.
- Evaluates education programs on an on-going basis, which may involve developing new metrics in some areas.
- Develops new initiatives/content to reach new students in order to expand the education program.
- Assists with fundraising as it pertains to the student base in coordination with FFAD’s fundraising efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills as they will be communicating with other employees, students, parents, and volunteers on a regular basis.
- Work well without supervision, demonstrate initiative, and exhibit the emotional intelligence necessary to manage complex interactions.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Suite).
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, be creative, mentor, and train others.
- Knowledge of performing arts education programming.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of aerial dance.
- The ability to display a strong executive presence, as well as the ability to coordinate among the various facets of FFAD.
- The ideal candidate will focus on innovation and resourcefulness and work well with FFAD’s student body and parents.
- High level of analytical skills (problem solving, quantitative, workflow process, etc.).
- The ability to use independent judgment, discretion, and excellent decision making skills.
- Negotiation, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Experience with MindBody Online, or other registration software.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information: https://frequentflyers.org/
No phone calls please.