Registration Staff—Part Time
Art Students League of Denver
This part-time, non-exempt position reports to the Registration Staff Supervisor and offers customer service to ASLD’s community members, including: registering students in person or on the phone, answering questions, monitoring and problem solving with faculty, models and artists, and maintaining ASLD’s database. This position collaborates with ASLD members, students, faculty, and staff.
● Demonstrate the highest level of customer service/public relations with students, faculty, models, and visitors in person, over the phone and in email communication.
● Process registration transactions and other monetary transactions accurately. Reconcile transactions to accounting reports.
● Coordinate with other staff to provide prompt, thorough solutions to complex problems as they arise.
● Make situational decisions based on sound judgment and in accordance with ASLD policies.
● Stay updated on ASLD policies and practices, and all ASLD classes, camps, workshops, and events.
● Assist customers with navigating the online registration process.
● Produce and email links and monitor online courses held via Zoom: assisting both instructors and students as monitor.
● Perform building opening and closing procedures.
● Actively promote ASLD Memberships.
● Assigned projects as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● 2+ years customer service experience
● Must have 1+ years working with a CRM database
● Competent in using Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
● Working knowledge of computers and modern office practices and procedures
● Preferred: Familiarity with Zoom Video Communications
● Comfortable and accurate with data entry
● Thorough attention to detail
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities, and possess good time management skills
● Ability and willingness to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts
● Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public and to handle stressful situations
● Preferred: Working knowledge of art mediums and local community arts programs serving beginners to advanced artists of all ages
● Passion for working with a diverse range of people
Averages 20-22 hours/week with a non-traditional schedule heavily weighted to afternoons, evenings and weekends.
– Mon – Fri shifts are typically 4 – 6 hours, either opening, mid-shift, or closing between 7:45am – 9:30pm,
– Saturday/Sundays are 8 – 9 hours from 7:45am – 5pm. 2 – 3 mandatory days required in summer.
● The rate of pay for this position is $15.87 per hour.
● ASLD’s full-time and part-time employees are eligible to take courses or workshops at ASLD at no cost as a benefit of employment, after a break-even number of students is reached. Priority is given to paying students. Employees are required to pay for any material fees. Membership is not required for employees to take courses. Additional limits on this benefit may apply during the pandemic.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org –
with “ASLD PT Registration Staff applicant” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. NO phone calls or drop-ins please.
Compensation: The rate of pay for this position is $15.87 per hour.