Visitor Services Manager
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Job Location: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, 7711 East Academy Blvd., Denver. CO 80230 (primary location) and Wings Over the Rockies Exploration of Flight, 13005 Wings Way, Englewood, CO 80112 (secondary location)
Department: Visitor Services
FLSA Status: Exempt Full Time
Salary: $42,000-$45,000 DOE
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wings Over the Rockies Visitor Services Department has an opportunity for a full time Visitor Services Manager to lead the Visitor Services Department in delivering outstanding guest service and directing sales, cash handling and ticketing operations as well as, various simulators throughout the Museum. This is a hands-on floor based position. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of sales or guest service experience including supervisory experience, knowledge of customer service and sales best practices and have a passion for guest experience. This position reports directly to the Director of Visitor Services. The schedule for the Visitor Services Manager fluctuates and may be required to work evenings, events, and holidays. Bilingual preferred.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the museum.
- Creativity & Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve museum and department operations.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance museum and department effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the museum.
- Organization: set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Planning: Determine strategies to move the museum forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Professionalism: Maintain positive, professional demeanor while conducting solution-oriented practices.
In this role, you will:
- Daily oversight of opening and closing procedures, coordinate lunches and provide coverage when necessary.
- Oversee ticketing and admissions operations including sales analysis.
- Manage staff schedules (including for special events) and time-off requests, along with payroll approval process on a biweekly basis.
- Arrange and maintain the mystery shopper and survey programs. Looks for new methods for guest comments and feedback.
- Identify visitor expectations and recommend changes that meet or exceed those expectations.
- Resolves guest experience issues with effective recovery practices.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to sell general admission tickets, attraction tickets, and admission events.
- Responsible for achievement of department sales and revenue goals.
- Forecast weekly, monthly and year-end revenue and sales performance across multiple business channels including general admission tickets, attraction tickets, and create new models and methodologies to improve those forecasts.
- Create and run requires reports as requested.
- Manages guest services technology projects with IT assistance.
- Maintain proper cash handing procedures, including but not limited to: change orders, deposits, reconciling drawers, and verifying transactions.
- Manage and maintain appropriate revenue reconciliation procedures that augment policy guidelines of Wings Over the Rockies.
- Ensure proper and accurate accounting of Admissions and revenue.
- Manage projects and budget responsibilities of the Visitor Services Department; continuously monitor part-time staff budget and hours.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training visitor services staff as needed and daily supervision of staff. Ensure adequate coverage based on business needs and cover open shifts when necessary.
- Lead, motivate and coach a diverse team in a variety of guest service and sales responsibilities that exceed the expectations of museum guests.
- Develops annual priorities and goals for team members.
- Conduct monthly check-in meetings and quarterly evaluations with Visitor Services Associates.
- Create professional development opportunities and goals for the Visitor Services team.
- Leading ongoing trainings and refresher sessions for staff.
- Assist the Museum Store Manager with delegation of responsibilities to team.
- Manage motivation and incentive programs.
- Other responsibilities:
- Collaborate daily with internal partners such as, marketing and events, to implement sales strategies to drive profitable revenue growth, meeting or exceeding budget targets for attendance and revenue.
- Collaborate with partners across the museum to ensure that the overall guest and member experience meets or exceeds expectations.
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties and may be amended within the nature of the job and/or department.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of previous sales or guest service experience in a high volume customer focused environment including supervisory experience.
- BA/BS degree from four-year college or university is preferred; major in Business Administration or Sales is preferred.
- Proven experience in and passion for guest service.
- Proficiency POS systems is necessary; working knowledge of Altru (Blackbaud) is preferred.
- Experience in a high volume, cash handling environment.
- Knowledge of customer service and sales best practices including service recovery, cash handling procedures, reconciling shifts/tills, deposit processing, and money safe process.
- Ability to exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff & lead by example.
- Ability to supervise effectively, fairly & efficiently is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, manage, follow through and report on multiple tasks on a regular basis.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to tell a story from data and communicate those insights concisely to senior leadership.
- Advanced aptitude with Excel and the ability to model and forecast future behavior.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems preferred.
- Experience with sales and guest experience training preferred.
- Previous retail and box office sales experience preferred.
- General office skills including Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency.
- Advanced accounting and budget management skills.
- Ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- A respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Note: This is not an all-inclusive job description but a general guide to primary duties.
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance for the employee
- Optional participation in Flexible Spending Account
- Optional participation in group retirement plan with discretionary match
- Optional participation in Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Coverage
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal leave
- Potential for annual bonus and merit pay increases
Working Conditions: Wings Over the Rockies operates in a 70 plus year old hangar. Occasionally, may need to work at secondary Wings facility at Centennial Airport, an active airport. Environmental conditions may vary with both locations. Standard work days and hours are expected to be Sunday through Thursday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, but subject to change. Hours in addition to normal work hours may be requested including evenings and holidays.
To Apply: Please follow the link to apply for this position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/527774/Wings-Over-The-Rockies-Air-Space-Museum/Visitor-Services-ManagerApply Here